Page 387 of 432 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4312

Thread: Current Episode Discussion V

Yeah it was really good tonight. Best bits were the scenes with Jean in. The Sonia/Martin stuff was good, especially when Joe walked in on them haha and then Martin's towel dropping infront of Dot Oh and i'm not a Ruby fan but had to laugh when Pauline told her off for slamming the washing machine door and then she did it again haha I think it's starting to get quite good again, i'm really liking it at the moment!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I agree with Richie Lecturer (we do sometimes) EE is very predictable these days with extremely poor writing. You know what is going to happen before it happens. It has such a long way to go. The Martin dropping his towel outside the Branning's front room was a direct copy of Jamie a few years ago. Stupid, brainless, self obsessed Dawn throwing a brick through a car last week was pathetic. Just like self obsessed Zoe, blaming everyone else for her own problems.

Speaking of Dawn. She is such an appalling character, played by a very mediocre actress. Get rid please. Quickly.

How stupid can one girl be? or should I say desperate.. Sean clearly told Ruby that he didn't love her and that he only wants her money and she says she wants him back!!!! I would have kicked him out on his ass.. And who does she think she is? Everything has to be about her "did you tell your mum that I was with Sean now"... "I am with Sean so it is my problem too".. keep your nose out of it Ruby, you did more harm than good and Stacey is going to kick your ass

Loving EE at the moment
    Super Mod

I thought last night's episode was one of the worst written contrived episodes of all time. First we had Grant's postcard being mistakenly delivered to Ian. How likely is that? Then we had two coincidentally overheard conversations (Ruby and Sean/Stacey; Ben and Phil/Peggy) and finally we had Joe having to go through Dot's house to fix the leak in Keith's. It's like it was written by a 10 year old who couldn't think of any other way to advance the plot other than by all these unlikely contrived coincidences.

Give me strength!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman
    I thought last night's episode was one of the worst written contrived episodes of all time. First we had Grant's postcard being mistakenly delivered to Ian. How likely is that? Then we had two coincidentally overheard conversations (Ruby and Sean/Stacey; Ben and Phil/Peggy) and finally we had Joe having to go through Dot's house to fix the leak in Keith's. It's like it was written by a 10 year old who couldn't think of any other way to advance the plot other than by all these unlikely contrived coincidences.

Give me strength!
    lol, you were really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for criticism at the end there.

I do believe old houses used to have shared loft space and it's only recently that they have had to fill them in due to the fire hazard, if Joe found the leak was water running down the dividing wall it would make sense to check his wifes friends house who lives next door to make sure the problem isn't effecting her!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman

Give me strength!
    Completely agree with you ! Mind you the new Executive Producer would not have been responsible for that rubbish ! I THINK

Quote Originally Posted by PR1811
    lol, you were really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for criticism at the end there.

I do believe old houses used to have shared loft space and it's only recently that they have had to fill them in due to the fire hazard, if Joe found the leak was water running down the dividing wall it would make sense to check his wifes friends house who lives next door to make sure the problem isn't effecting her!
    Oh yes, I should have realised that there is nothing wrong with Joe wanting to get in just as Sonia and Martin were at it. It probably happens all the time.

P.S. I forgot about Bradley knocking Ruby's bag over and finding Stacey's mother's address. Another one to add to the list!
    Last edited by parkerman; 22-11-2006 at 10:58.

Apart from the Stacey and Jean scenes, it was woeful last night, and that coming from their best writer. Gillian Wright superbly underplayed the closing scene, but that was about as good as it got.

As others have said, the plots and the writing last night was so unimaginative. Yet again they resort to these lazy and daft cliched moments, again and again and again. Where is the imagination? You knew what was going to happen with Martin in front of Dot (who sounded a bit frail last night, hope she's ok), you knew the leaky roof business would end up with Son and Martin getting caught, you knew hard-of-hearing Ben would overhear the conversation from 50 metres away, and you knew Bradley would find Jean's address by accidentally knocking over Ruby's bag. Then to top it all off, even we couldn't believe that the experienced postman inexplicably drops a postcard for the Mitchells through Ian's letterbox. All so contrived and so 1992.

Oh well, at least a certain someone has just minutes left on the Square.
    Last edited by Richie_lecturer; 22-11-2006 at 11:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie_lecturer

Oh well, at least a certain someone has just minutes left on the Square.
    Well thanks for that, cannot wait. The stroppy mare, as Tanya's putting it. I hope Jean will not do anything drastic, Stacey could simply not cope. Great acting there I agree.

Pauline should have put Ruby in that laundrette machine and stuck it on 50C. She'd easily fit.

Thread Information