Thread: Mitchell run ins?!

Mitchell run ins?!

I've started thinking about how long the Mitchells have disappeared for lately, they are gone weeks at a time. Probably down to the new characters taking up screen time, but in between all this, the Mitchells are not having their usual run ins with new characters.

Everytime a new character arrives, the first thing they used to do is have a run in with a Mitchell. Dennis; punched Phil to the ground the moment they met. Even as recent to Jack (Honey's dad); had a run in with Peggy on his first day.

I can think of about a dozen new characters now that haven't even spoken to Phil let alone rubbed him up the wrong way. Bradley's been in it since January, and I don't think he's had one scene with a Mitchell, o.k maybe not the type to cause trouble but still nice to be acknowledged. There was a scene between Deano and Grant, a very minor one which really was boring!

The Foxes, o.k Chelsea had a fling with Grant. Max and Tanya, not much interaction (they came to the house warming).

I just hope that the new character arriving next week will have Phil to contend with at some point. Phil needs to make his presence felt.

I think that the Mitchells haven't had any run ins lately because maybe the producers and writers want us to see the Mitchells in a different light now. Back in the 90s, they were seen as really tough and "you don't mess with me or there will be trouble!" type people..but now i think they want us to see the Mitchells in a different light...like Phil being caring towards Ben etc. Just an idea that i thought of.

Yeah, but I think they need to keep both sides of Phil's character open. Characters in EE don't have personality transplants for the sake of their children. Johnny Allen tried to change for Ruby but it never worked, and it shouldn't. In real-life of course a child should have a father they can rely on, but it's a soap and I don't like them changing Phil too much.

I want to see Peggy getting in on the action too. She always has opinions on things.

Thread Information