Thread: Issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Soaps hardly ever get things right which is why it's a shock and gripping storyline when they do!

Some really do knock the hammer on the head or so do speak but others completley don't have a clue when trying to portray certain storylines, Dianes storyline in Emmerdale was really moving and the same with Alices, these can happen to real people, where as in some storylines they just OTT.

I think Emmerdale have done it right this year actually i mean not with the big explosions, but with Alice itsvery moving and does happen in day to day life. Also The older woman pregnancy that happens as well and it does need dealing with as other soaps dont usually tackle issues./

Emmerdale

I have been watching YouTube compilations of Aaron & Jackson, it's been compelling to watch this story unfold, Aarons "coming out" mixed with his complex character. I've now reached the part where Jackson has his accident and I've stopped watching for now. Fast forward to current episodes where Aaron is in a relationship with Robert, another roller coaster of emotions of Aaron dealing with abuse and the collapse of his relationship with Robert, who is not the ideal partner for Aaron by any means. As a gay man I find the "Soap Opera" portrayals of gay relationships generally very negative and unrealistic. I've been in a same sex relationship for 37 years, I realise there are complex characters like Aaron regardless of sexuality but, it would make a change to see male gay characters with happy successful lives (with drama's of course) instead of the tragedy and unhappiness that always seems to befall them.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteveBS9 For This Useful Post:

binky321 (12-04-2016), moonstorm (12-04-2016), Perdita (12-04-2016), Snagglepus (19-04-2016)

Thread Information