View Poll Results: Do you think zoos are good?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

8 36.36%
  • no

2 9.09%
  • depends

12 54.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZOOs

ZOOs

Ive just come back from and environmental science trip to the zoo.
    We learned a lot about the conservation and that but it seems cruel to have them in small areas. but if it stops them from being extinct.....

I voted for depends because some zoo's do care for the animals well abd give them loads of space whereas others don't and leave them on for a show. The zoo you went to sounds good because it tells us about the dangers and how they are. Zoo's which breed animals to stop them becoming instict usually have a good home and are kept well.

to be honest i dont think it sttops them from becoming extinct at all! they need to live in their natural habitats and they are only protected aginst being killed but i think they would survive better if they were in their rightful place i do think they are nastty to the animals but it depends on the space they are given and how they are treated

Yeh I really dont know. they were telling us about how theyd managed to realase this type of money back into the wild and it sunmbers have gone from 100 to over 1000 but that took 10 years.

Positively they do educate people about animals. the ones which actulary care for the animals are good.

I think zoo's are ok, so long as there's loads of space for the animals. I went to Bristol zoo once, that was ok, the animals had fairly a good amount of room to run about and stuff. But there's like a mini zoo near me, and its horrible. Theres tiny cages for all the animals, the penguins have a tiny bowl looking thing, the monkeys barely have room to walk let alone jump around. Animals shouldn't be kept like that.

i think zoos are ok if they give the animals a lot of room and are actually there for a purpose other than just so we can see them (like they breed them to get numbers in the wild back up and help conservation and teaching people about endangered species etc). but i am totally against zoos that keep the animals in little cages, its cruel
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

i love the Zoo, Chester Zoo is great. The animals look really well looked after.

they are stopping a lot of animals from facing extinction so generally they are a good thing. i dont really have a problem with them anyway.
    POOKIE

Some times the zoo`s are good because they breed animals that would become extinked in the wild

I think that as long as the Zoos are kind to the animals, then they're a great thing. They help preserve different species of life, and help us understand more about the world around us. Realistically speaking, if it wasn't for Zoos, then how many of us would have actually seen animals like Elephants and Tigers face-to-face, as it were?

I'm completly against Zoo's were they just abuse the animals, but ones like Whipsnade and the London Zoo are only positive places, as far as i'm concerned. True, the animals are keep in inclosed spaces, but its either that, or being extinct in some animals cases. I know which i prefer.

Thread Information