Thread: Songfic. Here With Me.

Songfic. Here With Me. Sam and Phil

Hiya, this is a story that I made up on Billfans.com. It's about the Bill. I hope you like it. Please review. Becky. xxx Song: Here With Me by Dido.

DS Samantha Nixon and DS Phil Hunter have been dating for eighteen months and live together. They start arguing loads and Phil moves out. The next day Sam gets a letter saying she can have a transfer to MIT and after a year go on to try and become the Met's Criminal Profiler. Sam writes a note and puts it on Phil's desk before leaving. Phil walks into CID five minutes after she's said goodbye to everyone except him and finds the letter. In his hands are two mugs of coffee. He wants to apologise for over reacting. He opens the letter . . .

Dear Phil,
    I'm properly the last person you want to talk to but I couldn't leave without saying goodbye. I've joined MIT and by the time you read this I'm probably and hopefully for the both of us long gone. I'm a coward for telling you to your face but I couldn't. I still love you, I'm not blaming you but I don't know if you love me back.

I didn't hear you leave
    I wonder how am I still here
    And I don't want to move a thing
    It might change my memory

Oh I am what I am
    I'll do what I want
    But I can't hide

When you left, I went for a long walk. My head was a blur and I couldn't exactly focus on anyone. It was slightly raining but I didn't care because I felt like a part of me was missing. I feel empty without you.

I won't go
    I won't sleep
    I can't breathe
    Until you're resting here with me

I won't leave
    I can't hide
    I cannot be

I keep having this dream where I'm standing in a long hall. Screaming and crying but I can't stop. No one can hear me and even if they can then they don't care. I've let so many people down, you, Abi, everyone.

I don't want to call my friends
    They might wake me from this dream
    And I can't leave this bed
    Risk forgetting all that's been

Oh I am what I am
    I'll do what I want
    But I can't hide

I had the dream when we first started as a couple but then you came and took my hand. Instantly I stopped crying. Your eyes had such an, an, understanding glint in them that I didn't even want to start again. I hugged you and I felt so safe. So happy. That was when I'd wake up and find you laying next to me.

I won't go
    I won't sleep
    I can't breathe

I won't leave
    I can't hide
    I cannot be

I wish we could patch everything up but I think it might possibly be beyond repair even though my hearts being torn up inside. I wanna be able to feel your presence while I sleep but I can't. It's better for the both of us if I just disappear. That's the main reason why I've accepted this transfer. I love you now and I always will do even if I know I can't be with you.
    All my love, Sam.

Phil crumpled the letter in his right hand. He felt a few tears slip down his cheek. Nearly everyone was looking at him, they knew she'd gone and they knew she hadn't told him yet. Jo walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, he turned slightly, he couldn't care if anyone could see how sad he looked. He just wanted Sam back. The mugs of coffee were sitting on his desk, going cold.
    "Sarge, if you love her more that anything in the world. Then go after her, she saying her last goodbye's outside. Go before you miss her." Jo advised him. Phil looked up at Jo and knew that he loved Sam more than anything.
    He ran out of CID sliding slightly on the floor. Running as fast as lightning down the stairs and out the front doors.
    "SAM!" He called. Sam, who had been starting to get in the waiting taxi got back out. She turned and looked at Phil who was running towards her. He had a couple of tears betraying his image by falling out of his eyes. "Sam please don't leave. I'm so sorry. I should have told you everyday that I love you. I do want to be with you and I also feel empty when your not near me. I know CID isn't like MIT but please stay. I'd be a broken shell if you left." By this time Sam was also crying. She was torn between going and staying. She loved Phil more that anything. 'Wait' she thought to herself, 'I love him more than anything so, there's only one thing I can do.'
    "Do you truly think that we can work through everything?" Sam asked Phil. Phil got down on one knee and took out of his pocket a light blue small box that had a beautiful diamond ring inside. He opened the box. "Does this answer your question?" Sam smiled ear to ear as she grabbed Phil and hugged him. He then held her at arms length and kissed her.

When they walked back into CID they were met with a huge cheer. Sam and Phil had never felt so happy. Happy as two separate people, happier still as one.

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Ok, I know it's kind of corny but hey, don't matter does it?
    Last edited by billfan; 05-02-2006 at 18:33.

Thread Information