Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: can you ever be just good friends with an ex?

Yep Ithink the real issue was i'd been out for a few beers with the guys from work (inc the ex) and he was at home waiting for me. God knows why as he knows friday nights are my night off.

it didnt happen..........he dislocated his shulder a few weeks ago and was unable to drive...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

i usually stay friends with my ex's but my last one was a different story. we'd hardly speak in public but we'd call to see each other and always ended up in bed! we're talking about getting back together now so we'll see how that goes.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am confused here, OI think that it sounds like you are holding a wee bit of a tourch for your ex. if this is the case, and you seriously want to stay with your current boyfriend, I would keep away from your ex! Why walk into the way of temptation?

I had one ex that I kept in touch with. I was still 'mates' with him when I was going out with my husband as we all live in London at the time. It turned out that he though I still had the hots for him and that he just had to say and I would just jump back into bed with him! So, that was then end of that!

I'm quite undecided on this to be honest the only way i think it can work is if neither of you want anythng other than friendship otherwise one of you will only only be friends with the other in the hope that you will rekindle the relationship. If you get what I mean?

I would like to say yes, but with me and my ex, we always ended up back together and then breaking up. We're back together at the moment. Other guys...well, I actually dont talk to them now, so is not good there. I do think with my current boyfriend there was always something there, like something I could never get over.

I don't think you can become friends. I split up with my boyfriend two months ago. I really didn't want to lose his friendship but it just became too difficult. It stopped both of us moving on. We live really near each other but now it's best if we just acknowledge each other when we see each other but keep walking. Maybe in a years time I'll feel differently, but I think it's very difficult to go from being very intimate with someone, to just being mates. There will always be an overlap!

well me and my boyfriend had been together for 3 and a half years. he finished with me over a txt msg! 3 and a half years and i get a txt! he said he wanted to stay friends but ever since we split i tried to keep in touch he was been really awful to me! i think when they say we will stay mates its just to make it a nice break up!!

i think it is possible! im still friends with all my ex's and best friends with one of them. it can be difficult to start with as there can be some awkward moments but it is definetly possible!

Thread Information