Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Child She Thought She'd Never Have

Part 22

The following day Dennis was walking to the Bookies to open up with Pat. He walked past the Minute Mart where the board outside advertised the headline of the local newspaper.
    "MAN FOUND DEAD IN CANAL." it read. Dennis stopped when he saw it and looked at it for awhile before going inside. He walked over to where the newspapers were kept and saw the pile of them with the same headline. He had to stop Sharon from seeing these, she didn't need this adding to the stress she was already under. He picked a copy up and went to the counter. Yolande looked at the paper on the counter,
    "Not the sort of thing we thought would happen around here."
    "No I suppose not but it might be totally accidental. Has no one thought that they could have just fallen into the canal?" Dennis couldn't help himself from biting back at Yolande. Inside he was petrified. He had only just got Sharon back and now all he could think about was losing her again. Not just her but his daughter aswell.

Dennis walked out of the shop and over to the bookies. Pat had already opened up and was serving Jim.
    "Er Dennis the police were in here asking where you were earlier." Dennis couldn't believe that it was happening already.
    "Do you know what for?"
    "They didn't say, just said that they would be back later." Dennis walked through to the back into the office and sat in the chair with his head in his hands.
    Last edited by Stacy; 08-09-2005 at 20:54.

Ive already wrote the next part of my script but depending on what people say is whether i post it or not. Do you want Dennis to be caught?

I dont mind if you get him caught im sure it will be great either way

Part 23

Dennis sat still in his office chair for what felt like an eternity. He couldn't face the prospect of losing Sharon and their daughter. Dennis opened his top drawer and took out a picture of Sharon. He stared at it and his eyes slowly glazed over with tears. He never let Sharon see him like that, he had to be strong for her.
    A knock on the office door quickly brough Dennis back to reality. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and said,
    "Come in." In walked two men dressed in suits who walked to the front of his desk.
    "Dennis Rickman?"
    "Yes. How can I help?" Dennis tried his hardest to keep it together. He looked down at Sharon's picture and back up to the police officers.
    "I'm Detective Sergeant Morris and this is Detective Birch from Walford CID. We've been monitoring this place for the last two weeks and we think one of your customers is someone we've been searching for for quite some time."
    "Which customer?"
    "Im sorry Sir but we can't release that information. We would like to ask your permission to use this office as a surveilance base for this operation." Dennis couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had thought this was it, that this was the end for him.
    "Well i'm planning to take some time off for a few weeks from today anyway, my wifes pregnant with our first child so we're busy preparing for the arrival so the office will be free. You're more than welcome to use it."
    "Thank you Mr Rickman. May I ask that you keep this quite, the least number of people who know about it the better."
    "No problem, i'll let Pat, the manager, know that the office will be being used."
    Dennis stood up and shook Detective Sergeant Morris's hand. They both walked out of the office followed by Dennis. Dennis watched them leave the bookies and turned to Pat.
    "I'm not going to be around much for the next few weeks Pat, I want to spend some time with Sharon. Those two men and maybe a few others will be in and out here quite a bit using the office, its nothing to worry about, just so you know."
    "No problem Dennis." Dennis walked out of the bookies and walked over to the Vic. He couldn't carry on like this, he needed to forget about it. Well, as much as he can. Something like this couldn't be easily forgotten about but if he wanted anything of a life with Sharon and their daughter he had to try.

Sharon was stood behind the bar when he entered. She looked up and smiled and he smiled back. He signalled for Sharon to go upstaris. He took her in his arms and held her close to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few months went by in a blur. They had decorated the nursery and were waiting for the arrival of the baby. The man in the canal had been identified. He had been missing from home for two weeks and had been found in the canal. The police said it was accidental death.
    "My back is killing me today Dennis."
    "Maybe you should stay up here and rest instead of going downstairs today."
    "I might do that, just don't feel up to going down there today."
    Dennis turned and but his empty cup in the sink in the kitchen. He turned and looked at Sharon who doubled over in pain.
    "ARGGHHH." Dennis rushed to Sharon and took hold of her hand.
    "I think its it Dennis. My waters have just broken."

yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey!

they're having a bebe... a tiny ickle shannis bebe... A BEBE... A SHANNIS BEBE...

yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey! yey yey yey!

more more more... post more soon...
    Dennis Rickman 28/08/1974 - 31/12/2005

Awww this is great, shes having the baby please post more soon

Will get round to posting next part soon

Just started reading this, it brill well done

Thread Information