Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring back the sun (eastenders, danny, depression)

Cherryz - these are brilliant so well written, thanks for the read I really enjoyed them.

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    WOW that was amazing poor Danny bless his little heart
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

“I’m sorry its not the Ritz or anything but it was the best we could do at short notice” Alfie felt the need to apologize as he stood in the middle of the lounge-slash-kitchen-slash-dining area.

“Hey it’s fine, we’ve been in worse places” Jake replied as he dumped the bags down on the floor unceremoniously.

“Wow, the wallpaper really does match half of Alfie’s wardrobe” Danny called from where he’d slipped into Alfie’s room and was currently having a nose around.

“Danny!” Jake called back, a bit embarrassed as he offered a smile to Alfie.

“What?” Danny closed the wardrobe doors and walked over to the open doorway, leaning against the frame, “got anything to eat? I’m starving” he declared.

Jake rolled his eyes.

“Check the fridge out. Look I’ve got to get back to the stall” Alfie glanced to Danny, “don’t get into trouble, and don’t break anything!”

“Yes sir” Danny rolled his eyes then gave a small mock salute.

“I mean it”

“We hear you Alfie. Are you going to leave us the key, in case we need to go out and get anything?” Jake cut in.

Alfie sighed and reluctantly handed Jake the key, “I’m trusting you guys here… don’t give me a reason to have to chuck you out” he said as he headed to the door.

“But I have to breathe” Danny joked.

Jake elbowed Danny lightly, “see you later Alfie” he smiled as friendly as he could, to get rid of the look on Alfie’s face.

The front door closed after Alfie left and Jake turned to face his brother. “What are you like?”

“Hard on the outside, and squishy within?” Danny shrugged. “So, are you making me something to eat or not?”

Jake shook his head and walked over to the fridge, pulling the door open and looking in, “ooh” he coughed and stepped away, closing it back up, “unless you want milk, cheese, an unidentified object in a bag or some salad, there’s nothing”

Danny frowned. “Well, we have the key, and you have money right? Buy some food, or else, Alfie will return and find me chewing on your leg, driven to cannibalism from desperateness”

“Okay, I get the message, you’re hungry, but really I did not that mental image” Jake sighed and glanced around, “alright, we’ll go buy food”

“Thank you” Danny said, zipping up his jacket.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

“Happy now you’re stuffing your face?” Jake asked his brother as he dug into chips they bought on the way back.

“Yes thanks” Danny replied, shutting the door behind them with his foot.

“Good” Jake walked over to the kitchen counter and put the carrier bags of shopping down on it. “We should probably do something useful around here, before Alfie gets back”

“Like what?” Danny sat down on the sofa, with one leg tucked underneath him as he put the chips down on his lap.

“Unpack, tidy up…”

“Yeah if we had a couple of years spare, maybe we could do something to make the place look half decent”

“Don’t be rude”

“Alfie’s not here to offend”

“…so?”

“Come on, you think this place is a dump as well, and Alfie knows it’s no palace either”

“I’m guessing this place is just temporary for him and Nana anyway. You know what Alfie’s like, always got some kind of plan, and good things come to him in time”

“Yeah, yeah… these are hot” Danny moved the chips off his lap and onto the coffee table, before wiping his hands down his jean covered thighs.

“So, are you helping me or not?”

“Helping with what?”

Jake sighed, “never mind, just finish eating”

They looked up when they heard the door being unlocked. They glanced at each other then back at the door as it swung open.

There was a cry of surprise.

(\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/)

Alfie sighed as he wearily got back to the flat, and reached the front door. What a day it had been. It had been hell on the stall – it was freezing, it rained on and off, he had few customers, which meant less money, and his cousins… he didn’t even want to get started on that.

He opened the front door and was momentarily frozen with alarm, when he heard his Nana laughing, and saw that she was sat between Jake and Danny on the sofa, cups of tea in hands. This happy family kind of image was scary even to him.

“Nana” Alfie started.

“Oh Alfie, hello love! What a nice surprise you arranged, letting Jacob and Daniel visit and stay with us. You sit down while I make you a nice cup of tea. Good day on the stall was it dear?” Nana rambled on as she stood up and made her way to the kettle.

“Uh, not bad Nana, not bad” Alfie replied as he took the seat she had a moment ago been in. “What have you two told her?” he lowered his voice and directed the question at Jake.

“Just that you’d arranged with us to come stay here for a while with you both” Jake replied.

“Is that all? You haven’t said anything about”-

“No” Jake cut in with the answer.

Danny frowned slightly and leaned back a bit more in his seat.

“The boys went food shopping Alfie, they brought home some lovely treats. Did you want any biscuits with your tea?” Nana called.

“Nah, you’re alright thanks Nana” Alfie called back.

“Hey Danny” Jake leaned forward and tapped his watch.

“Huh?”

“Your pills, its time” Jake said in a quiet voice. Alfie licked his lips and glanced around feeling somewhat awkward.

Danny sighed and stared ahead.

“Dan”-

“Yeah, yeah, I’m doing it” Danny got up from the sofa and crossed towards the bedroom. He stepped in and turned as he held onto the door, giving Jake a look before shutting it.

“Is he alright taking them on his own? Considering”-

“Yeah” Jake shrugged his cousin off.

“Here you are love… oh, what’s Daniel doing?” Nana handed Alfie his cup of tea and glanced around looking a bit confused.

“He’s just getting a paracetamol Nana, he’s had a bit of a headache lingering since this morning” Jake quickly answered.

Alfie gave him a look.

“Oh dear. Should I see if he wants anything?”

“No Nana, you put your feet up and relax. I’ll see how he is” Jake smiled sweetly at her as he got up and entered the bedroom. He carefully closed the door behind him and turned to see his brother sat cross legged on the middle of the bed staring down at his folded arms on his lap.

“I’ve taken them, you can check if you want” Danny sighed.

“No I believe you… are you alright Danny?” Jake sat down on the edge of the bed next to him.

“Yeah… No…” Danny glanced to the side at his brother, “How am I supposed to act?”

“What?”

“Nana thinks everything’s alright and she’s oblivious to everything as usual, Alfie is still giving me glares but walking around on eggshells like he thinks I’m gunna break down any moment and you…”

“What about me?”

“Someone’s gone overboard on the daddy role haven’t they? If you’re not telling me what to do, or how to do it, you’re acting like I’m some brat you’re stuck babysitting, or acting like I don’t know what you’re talking about with Alfie”

“I’m. I’m sorry” Jake shifted. “I didn’t realize I was doing it or making you feel like that, I’m just”-

“Looking out for me, because you’re my brother, I got it, I know” Danny nodded.

“Danny, you make it seem like I’m doing everything because I have to, not because I want to”

Danny rubbed his eyes, “sorry. Its just this medication, thinking, and, and coming here and everything, and Alfie…”

“Maybe you just need some sleep, its been a long day” Jake put a hand on his brothers shoulder and rubbed it.

“Yeah” Danny nodded.

“Which side are you taking?” Jake asked as he stood up from the bed.

Danny flopped backwards and rolled to the right and then the left, before declaring “Right” and rolling back onto that side.

Jake smirked, “Okay, the right it is. So later if you whine about switching sides – tough”

“But what if my whole mental-well being depends on it?”

“Danny, don’t be such a drama queen" Jake rolled his eyes and chucked a pillow at him.
    Danny: but i haven't shaved yet
    Alfie: don't worry darlin, no-ones going to see those lovely legs of yours

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryz

“Hard on the outside, and squishy within?” .
    So true bout Danny keep it coming babes it's fab
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

Fab. Cant wait for the next bit.
    Hiro: ...but you flying man! WHOOOOSSSHHH!
    Nathan: Would you keep it down?
    Hiro: ...whooooosh.

Thread Information