Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eastenders- What does it need?

It seems to me, that it is suffering the mal young syndrome,
    Gangsters gangsters gangsters and more gangsters.
    Poor writing, unlikable charactors, and unbelievable plots.

A couple of solutions would be.

Cut it down to 3 episodes a week.
    New but likeable charactors.
    get rid of crissy, the hooker, and the younger moon brother.
    And
    Some humour.

But this is eastenders and the bbc we are talking about.
    so it will be more of the same.

And if it does i see a brookside ending on the horizon.

what Eastenders needs is a good kick up the Behind and get back to how it was before it went down hill

Quote Originally Posted by dddMac1
    what Eastenders needs is a good kick up the Behind and get back to how it was before it went down hill
    Well thats obvious. But change what?

Change Pauline's hairdo she looks like an Ape!!

Oh My God !!!!!!!!

Listen to yourselves !

I have always wondered what is like to watch the death of something you love, and I know no. It is painful and you can understand why people do people in.

Nothing will save EE now. To much has happened the more and more you axe characters and bring new ones in and then axe them will just piss the viewers off even more.

I know you hate Den like a huge number of people do, but my good, how many GOOD storylines did his death rob of us.

Michael

Get over the fact he's gone and never coming back!

oh naf off

for **** sake, its bring characters in and then bring them out again, get real you made person

Please stop with the offensiveness I haven't been offensive to you!

thanks JSW and Walford Queen for posting. i must admit im rather tired and didnt have time to read everything you guys wrote but i agree that you both brought up some very interesting points. the main thing i agreed with JSW on is the fact that EE dont carry on with storylines. loads of potential storylines are dropped without being pursued fully. for example, dennis' childhood, the demi/leo storyline etc. there are big things there that people are interested in, but its all so bitty that you cant ever really get into anything anymore or so i've found.

i do like the comedy element of EE but although its not particularly funny right now, ive found it quite light. even though there are loads of 'baddies' they're not that convincing so its neither comedic nor gritty IMO. meanwhile almost all partnerships, whether comedic or romantic, seemed to have been destroyed, which just leaves lots of characters wondering around with nothing to do. eg, the tina/ruby thing is a little pointless one has to admit.

i personally wouldnt get rid of the older charaters- they just need storylines! there are lots of good actors who are underused. rather than bringing in lots of new characters they need to focus on the ones they have, involving them all. ian, jane, pauline, yolande, patrick, billy, derek are all underused. give them some storylines for god's sake. i think EE's main priority needs to get the audience connected to the characters again with character consistency and long-term storylines that build up gradually but effectively so that there are explosive storylines on the go all the time. this is one thing that perhaps (i say perhaps) corrie have understood better than EE writers.

look at me, ive gone on longer than anyone on here. sorry im not as informed as the others, but this is just my personal opinion. feel free to correct me...

Apologies

Apologies to JSW or what ever the name is ! Sorry for being cross but having been an EE fan from the beginning, it is very hard to see something once so good, turn to **** very quickly. Quite upsetting and DD being killed or not killed was a very bad thing. The final nail (pardon the pun)

Thread Information