Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Felicity 'Flick' Newman (Jacqui Purvis)

Yahoo.com article (2nd part of the article):

Felicity?s new love interest on Home and Away

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/home-...014304481.html

There are also rumours that Felicity is getting a new love interest. Fans are convinced she?s leaving the show this year, and one floated the idea of Felicity leaving for love ? and no, it?s not Tane.

?[Jacqui] was seen filming a lot of scenes with newcomer Joshua Orpin (character?s name not confirmed). Josh is only a guest and [I] believe they become a couple! Maybe this is her way of leaving the show,? they wrote.

?There has been scenes of Felicity and Tane [at] Eden and Cash?s engagement party, [where] they look all cosy together? maybe they spend one more cosy night together [due to their] history.

?Anything is possible, it is Home and Away, they like to keep us guessing,? the fan added.
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 16-05-2024 at 04:31.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (15-05-2024)

Following on from the last post, this is the Daily Telegraph article (subscription only) from earlier this year about Joshua Orpin joining H&A:

"Summer Bay bad boy: Meet the new heart-throb on Home and Away, Joshua Orpin
    There is a new bad guy in Summer Bay - meet the latest hottie to join the cast of TV soap Home and Away. You may recognise him from a major international show

He?s an Australian actor better known for his work overseas than on home soil ? meet Joshua Orpin, the new Summer Bay bad boy.

The 29-year-old will make his Home and Away debut over the coming months with character details under wraps for now.

?One of the reasons I was keen to do this gig was because of that, I have worked internationally and I have been quite homesick, especially over Covid where I wasn?t able to come back to Australia even when I wasn?t working,? Orpin told The Daily Telegraph. ?I was really keen to get stuck into some Aussie stuff. It isn?t about being known here as the driving motivator but I really wanted to get stuck into some Aussie shows, film and TV and this came along and I thought it was the perfect opportunity.?

Orpin is best known for playing Conner Kent, or Superboy, a genetic clone of Superman and Lex Luther, in juggernaut US show, Titans.

He has been based out of the US and Canada for the past few years with his other acting credits including smaller parts in Preacher, Love Me, Upright, and The Doctor Blake Mysteries.

The fast pace of Home and Away was different to anything Orpin has worked on before. While other shows shoot an episode a week or even a few weeks, the TV soap films 12 hour days, six days a week to create five half-hour episodes each week.

?I wasn?t sure really what to expect,? said Orpin. ?It is incredibly fun, it is just an adjustment for someone who hasn?t worked in this style of TV before because it is just fast and the amount of television that they produce in terms of volume and in the time frame that they do it is remarkable. Being part of that, you have to be fast, efficient and really on top of things. It certainly sharpens you up and improves your skills so I am glad for it.?

He couldn?t say too much about his character.

?I can say he is a bit of a bad boy who comes into the show and stirs up some trouble among the Summer Bay locals,? he explained. ?He is seemingly one thing on the surface but he has a great depth to him that I?ve had a lot of fun exploring.? "

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRgW43Bs...f-c6e67b2630b4
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 16-05-2024 at 23:32.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (17-05-2024)

This has also been posted in the spoilers thread for the week 12th - 15th August.

Felicity collapsed at the end of last night's episode (Mon 12th) in Aust. This is the new promo which followed afterwards:

'Home and Away Promo| When is the right time to say goodbye?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51JHBB1aGyo

The yahoo.com.au article:

Home and Away's Jacqui Purvis breaks silence on dramatic exit: 'Had to take the plunge'
    EXCLUSIVE: Here's the real reason Jacqui Purvis had her character Felicity killed off.

https://au.yahoo.com/lifestyle/home-...211047039.html

Home and Away viewers were shocked on Monday night when fan-favourite character Felicity Newman (Jacqui Purvis) collapsed abruptly. The episode threw viewers for a loop, with all signs pointing towards Felicity getting back together with her ex-husband Tane Parata (Ethan Browne) at Cash Newman (Nicholas Cartwright) and Eden Fowler's (Stephanie Panozzo) engagement party.

During one of their emotional conversations in the restaurant Salt, Felicity's vision went blurry and she suddenly fell to the ground. Her brother Cash rushed to her side and upcoming promos confirm the Summer Bay resident isn?t going to get through this medical emergency.

Jacqui Purvis told Yahoo Lifestyle that she absolutely loved her time working on the show, but it was the right time for her to depart the soap.

?I?ve had an incredible time on the show. Some of the best years of my life. However, I knew I wanted an international career, so, I had to make the decision to leave and take the plunge,? she tells us.

?I owe so much to the show, [and] because of it, I feel confident and ready to take on the international stage. I'm so grateful to the fans for supporting me through my years on the show.?

Yahoo Lifestyle understands the actor is hoping to head to Hollywood, following in the footsteps of ex-Home and Away stars such as Chris Hemsworth, Isla Fisher and Samara Weaving.

What?s in store for Felicity Newman on Home and Away?
    The death of Felicity was less dramatic than many fans had predicted ? with no gunfire or weapons in sight. While Jacqui previously said she wanted an extremely ?intense and gory? death, her drop to the floor was dramatic but clean.

Fans have been busy speculating online and many believe she suffered from a brain aneurysm, with a nurse writing: ?I?m thinking brain aneurysm, subarachnoid haemorrhage. Just a thought from a nurse, don?t know what [the writers will] come up with.?

Upcoming promos show Tane and Cash at Felicity?s side in the hospital, as she lies there unconscious but hooked up to life support.

Cash tells Tane that the prognosis is ?bad?, with Cash saying he?s ?not ready? to say goodbye. In response, Tane says: ?I know. But it?s time.?

In a touching upcoming scene, Cash is seen walking with hospital nurses alongside Felicity?s body through the hospital, which is known as an honour walk. This entails hospital staff commemorating patients who have chosen to donate organs after their death.

It looks like Cash will finally decide to turn the life support machine off on Monday, August 19, with the episode synopsis reading: ?Cash makes a difficult choice.?

Fans devastated by Jacqui Purvis? exit from Home and Away
    Of course, Home and Away fans have been flooding Facebook fan groups with their disappointment. Many were sad to see Jacqui?s character being killed off, because it puts a stop to any storylines where she could return.

?I?m choked [up]. I know it?s [the] actors? choice [to leave] and totally get they have to do what?s right by them, but killing her off leaves no chance of return. I?m not ready,? one person lamented.

?Honestly thought it would be a lot more dramatic than that. I know she wanted a HUGE exit and my mind had a really dramatic exit for her? she was one of my favourites so I?m sad to see her go,? another added.

?So sad to see Flick go, such a good actress, love love her,? a third wrote.

?This hurt so bad, even though it?s a [TV] programme, it?s a true warning that anything can happen in any given moment,? another said.

It?s unlikely Jacqui?s character will return, but for those fans holding out hope ? Home and Away has been known to bring back characters from the dead in the past. Darryl ?Brax? Braxton returned in 2016 after plunging to his death in a lake in 2015, claiming he had faked his death. This won?t work in Felicity?s case, but there?s always the trope where a secret twin makes their way to Summer Bay!

DS

Home and Away star responds to tragic death storyline
    Who left Summer Bay?...

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...y-newman-exit/
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 13-08-2024 at 03:51.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (13-08-2024)

DS article:

Home and Away star posts final goodbye message after tragic exit
    "Had an absolute blast."

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hom...i-purvis-exit/

Home and Away spoilers follow for Australian-paced episodes, which some UK viewers may prefer to avoid.

Home and Away actor Jacqui Purvis has shared a goodbye media to social media after her character Felicity Newman's last scenes aired in Australia.

Felicity suffered a shock collapse last week, and it soon transpired that she had a brain aneurism and was declared brain-dead. This week's episode sees her loved ones make the tragic decision to turn off her life support. Upcoming funeral scenes will feature the return of her foster father Gary.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-4ia...6-97fed85bf374

Purvis shared a compilation video to her Instagram page, featuring plenty of clips of her and her fellow cast and crew members goofing off on set.

In the caption, she wrote: "What a life!! Thank you to @homeandaway for an incredible three years. Had an absolute blast.

"This is just a snippet of the love I have for the cast and crew, a lot of people are missing.

"There's too many people to thank but most importantly to [Ethan Browne] for helping create a beautiful love story. And to the fans for your undying support, thank you for allowing Flick into your homes. I hope she brought you as much joy as she did me.

Tane Parata (Felicity's ex-husband) actor Browne commented on the post, writing: What a journey indeed! You brought 'Tanicity' to life, and injected a thunderous energy to the bay! Thank you for gracing us all with it. You are going to be sorely missed my friend"

Home and Away airs weekdays at 1.45pm on Channel 5, with repeat screenings at 6pm on 5STAR and first look screenings at 6.30pm on 5STAR. Selected classic episodes are available via Prime Video in the UK.

In Australia, the show airs Mondays to Thursdays at 7pm on Channel 7 and streams on 7Plus.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (21-08-2024), Ruffed_lemur (21-08-2024)

Thread Information