Thread: DS Swain's daughter

Exclamation DS Swain's daughter

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...wain-daughter/

Coronation Street star Vicky Myers has confirmed that DS Swain's daughter will be introduced to the soap later this year.

Show bosses are planning to reveal more about Swain, who's currently taking centre stage in the Lauren Bolton disappearance storyline.

Last month, it was confirmed that the Weatherfield detective had been promoted to a regular character after nearly three years of guest stints.

In a new interview with TV Times, Vicky revealed: "[Swain is] a single mum and a lot of people can relate to that.

"We're in the process of casting her 16-year-old daughter, and I think it's fair to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ? she's feisty, opinionated and educated. It's going to be interesting watching Swain juggling her professional and personal lives. Also, we know she's gay, so is there another mother and, if so, is she involved?"

On the decision to agree to a permanent role on Corrie, Vicky also shared: "I was coming to the end of my contract last October after being involved in the Stephen Reid storyline. There were questions about what we were going to do with Swain, and [then-producer] Iain MacLeod said, 'We need a chat'.

"There were different pitches, a couple I thought would be creatively challenging and make interesting stories, so it was a no-brainer."

Swain has recently been investigating the mystery of Lauren's disappearance and has publicly shared her theory that the teenager was murdered.

Lauren's former boss Roy Cropper is currently the top suspect in the case. Despite protests from friends and neighbours that Roy is harmless, upcoming episodes will see him charged and sent to prison on remand ahead of a planned trial.

Daniel Osbourne has also been pinpointed by Swain as a possible suspect ? another storyline strand that will be revisited in the coming weeks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

parkerman (10-04-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...wain-daughter/

"We're in the process of casting her 16-year-old daughter, and I think it's fair to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ?
    So, pretty stupid, jumps to conclusions with absolutely no evidence and won't listen to sense.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-04-2024)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ryline-begins/

Coronation Street has confirmed that the DS Swain daughter storyline will begin next week.

Last month, it was revealed that the detective's child will be introduced on the soap, with star Vicky Myers teasing that the teenager will be "feisty, opinionated and educated".

Details about scenes airing next week have now been unveiled, with the storyline beginning as Carla continues to have dealings with Swain as part of the ongoing Lauren Bolton investigation.

Carla offers support to Swain when she overhears the detective rowing with her daughter on the phone. Swain then reveals that her partner passed away and her daughter has been struggling with her grief.

Later on in the week, Swain's daughter is offered work experience at the factory by Carla ? but will she accept?

Speaking previously about the storyline, Vicky told TV Times: "[Swain is] a single mum and a lot of people can relate to that.

"We're in the process of casting her 16-year-old daughter, and I think it's fair to say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree ? she's feisty, opinionated and educated.

"It's going to be interesting watching Swain juggling her professional and personal lives. Also, we know she's gay, so is there another mother and, if so, is she involved?" she added.

Vicky also spoke about taking on a permanent role on the soap, explaining: "I was coming to the end of my contract last October after being involved in the Stephen Reid storyline.

"There were questions about what we were going to do with Swain, and [then-producer] Iain MacLeod said, 'We need a chat'.

"There were different pitches, a couple I thought would be creatively challenging and make interesting stories, so it was a no-brainer."

swain has been horrible with roy, carla isn't maternal so should really not be having anything to do with her or her daughter

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

LouiseP (23-05-2024)

Betsy Swain (Sydney Martin)

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...hter-revealed/

Coronation Street has revealed the identity of the young girl threatening Joel Deering.

Last week, the soap introduced one of Sabrina Adetiba's friends during a scene where sinister lawyer Joel was trying to offer his services to help get her brother out of jail.

Joel continued to pursue Sabrina until her friend warned the solicitor she saw right through his act and threatened him unless he paid her off.

During Friday's episode on ITV and top streaming service ITVX, viewers learned that the young woman, Betsy, is DS Swain's previously-mentioned daughter ? played by new cast member Sydney Martin.

The confrontation came about as Joel and Dee-Dee Bailey were having their engagement luncheon, unaware that Betsy was watching them from across the road.

Betsy boldly interrupted the lunch, pretending to be one of Joel's clients and claiming she needed to speak with him urgently.

"I'll talk to you about the case tomorrow," Joel tried to cover.

Betsy sheepishly exited the restaurant without Dee-Dee finding out why she'd actually turned up. However, Dee-Dee encouraged Joel to go help Betsy if she needed him.

"You need to go and do what you do best ? help people," Dee-Dee assured her partner.

Once Joel met up with Betsy, he frantically warned her she had "no idea" who she was messing with.

"You're an irritant, nothing more. Your allegations are false and if you keep repeating them, you're gonna land yourself in big trouble," Joel threatened.

Betsy surprised Joel by demanding money, then gave her own warning that she could see through him, unlike his friends and family. Joel quickly handed her some cash and rushed off.

It was only after this confrontation that viewers discovered Betsy's identity when DS Swain found her on the playground.

DS Swain questioned how Betsy had money for chips, but her daughter lied that her mate had paid for them. DS Swain headed off home with Betsy, unaware of the dangerous situation her child was involved in.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...kmailed-betsy/

Coronation Street's Beth Tinker is set to be blackmailed by newcomer Betsy Swain.

DS Lisa Swain's daughter first appeared in Weatherfield last month, and she has since left her mark on the residents.

Recent episodes saw Betsy blackmail villain Joel Deering for some quick cash after realising that the lawyer was hiding some dark secrets.

Betsy will next set her sights on Carla, who she spots in a violent altercation with a thug who's hassling Roy Cropper. She then threatens to tell the police unless Carla hires her at the factory over the summer.

In upcoming scenes, Betsy is curious when she sees Beth letting herself into the factory, so she follows her.

When she learns what Beth is doing at Underworld behind boss Carla's back, she realises she can use the situation to her advantage. Betsy tells Beth that she wants to be involved or she'll report her actions to Carla.

While alone in the factory, Beth unwillingly shows Betsy how to sew counterfeit labels onto knock-off T-shirts.

Will Beth and Betsy get caught, or will they manage to keep their scheme under wraps?

Betsy actor Sydney Martin recently teased what's in store for her character, who she describes as having a "contempt for the law".

Speaking to Digital Spy and other press, Martin said: "Obviously, she's lost her other mum when she was on duty, so she already has some disrespect for the career. Lisa stayed on, and that causes a bit of tension in their relationship.

"But there's also this feeling that 'Mummy can get me out of it'. There's this playfulness there.

"She's a little bit naive and thinks that the law doesn't apply to her, so she's teetering on the edge."

On Betsy's blackmailing storylines, she added: "I think it's really interesting having this powerful girl character and seeing her fight back. She doesn't just let it happen ? she fights back straight away.

"I love girls sticking up for girls and fighting back. Betsy is going to give Joel a run for his money."

Guess that is her exit storyline.. gets found out and leaves in shame or is Carla going to report her to the police and she gets jailed

Thread Information