Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctors

BBC have axed DOCTORS after 23 years

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    BBC have axed DOCTORS after 23 years
    Used to watch it on Fridays when I was home from work, the only day in the week I could ... shame it is axed, it was quite popular but maybe not so much these days.

I lost interest when Karen died

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...-doctors-role/

Coronation Street legend Phil Middlemiss has landed his next soap role.

The actor, who played Des Barnes on the ITV soap from 1990 until 1998, has reportedly been cast as DI Travis Lennox on the popular BBC series Doctors (via The Sun).

Middlemiss previously had a role in an episode of Doctors back in 2014, playing the character of Frank Pickard.

While it?s not yet been confirmed exactly when he?ll make his debut as DI Travis, we do know that it?ll be at some point this year, as it was confirmed in October that Doctors will be coming to an end this December after more than two decades.

"We have taken the very difficult decision to bring daytime drama Doctors to an end after 23 years," the BBC said in a statement at the time.

"With super inflation in drama production, the cost of the programme has increased significantly, and further investment is also now required to refurbish the site where the show is made, or to relocate it to another home."

The statement concluded: "We would like to thank all the Doctors cast and crew who have been involved in the show since 2000. We know the crucial role Doctors has played in nurturing talent, and we will work to develop new opportunities to support skills in scripted programming."

Middlemiss made his Corrie debut as Des in 1990 alongside his on-screen partner Steph (Amelia Bullmore), who left him just a year later.

Des went on to marry Natalie Horrocks (Denise Welch) in 1998, though his life came to a tragic end that same year, having suffered a heart attack after trying to stop a group of men from attacking his stepson.

After leaving Corrie, Middlemiss went on to star in the ITV series Where the Heart Is from 2000 to 2006, playing David Buckley. He's also had appearances on Blankety Blank, Noel?s House Party and Celebrity Come Dine With Me.

Thread Information