Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has confirmed she and her partner Scott Sinclair are expecting their second child.

The actress confirmed the news in an interview with OK! Magazine, where the couple admitted the news came as a bit of a surprise.

"I did three more tests just to make sure it was correct!" Helen said. "I had a very strong feeling I was pregnant, so I wasn't surprised.'

"I was very happy, but I was a bit taken aback as this baby wasn't in the plan. I knew I would feel a lot better once I'd told Scott."

During the interview, Helen opened up about her suffering with severe morning sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum) during the pregnancy, and added that the thought of giving birth again terrifies her.

"It always has," she said. "It petrifies me. Before I went into labour last time, I cried. I was really scared."

Still, the pair are excited for their new arrival, with Helen revealing that the couple's first daughter Matilda is already hoping for a little sister and that they plan to have the baby in Glasgow.

"I think it's quite nice that we had Matilda in Birmingham as Scott was playing for Aston Villa then, and now with our second baby, it will be nice to tell him or her they were born in Scotland as Daddy plays for Celtic," she added.

OK Magazine cover - w/c December 18
© OK! MAGAZINE

Helen previously opened up about wanting to expand her family back in February, and now it looks like Helen and Scott are now eyeing up wedding plans sooner rather than later.

"We both would love to get married and for us all to have same name," Helen said, while Scott added: "I think we'll get married pretty soon."

Helen returned to her role as Rosie Webster in Corrie earlier this year and later opened up about how she was really enjoying picking up with her character again.

Read the full story in this week's OK! Magazine – out today

Digital Spy

Wonder how they will write her out for maternity leave