Thread: Kirk and Beth

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Coronation Street's Lisa George has described her character Beth Tinker's wedding to Kirk Sutherland as "a dream come true" for Beth.

Beth and Kirk are due to marry in an '80s-themed ceremony in the New Year, but the couple run into trouble when Kirk experiences cold feet.

"Beth is so excited," George said. "It's a dream come true for her. She can't wait to marry Kirk and have a ring on her finger so it's official.

"Beth is a real '80s girl. A '50s theme was suggested too but that is more me - Lisa - and not Beth. I thought it was absolutely brilliant to have her go as Madonna - it's definitely very 'Beth'.

"Tracy isn't very happy - she thinks it's ridiculous and tells Beth she thinks she's making a joke out of her own wedding and isn't taking it very seriously. But actually Beth does take it seriously - this is genuinely what she wants for her big day."

George added that she enjoyed working with the actors playing Beth's family, describing the on-set chemistry as "fantastic".

"It was as though we'd all been working together for ages, it was comfortable and we all clicked really well," she explained. "I loved it. All of Beth's family are as bonkers as she is, so we had lots of fun.

"It was a full week of filming and I worked so hard on the scripts. I knew it inside out - I even knew everybody else's lines! I was on a real high filming these scenes. There was a lovely energy to it."

Coronation Street airs Beth and Kirk's wedding on Friday, January 9 on ITV.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-12-2014), maidmarian (30-12-2014)

Thread Information