Thread: Jamie Lomas joins as Jake Stone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jamie Lomas joins as Jake Stone

EastEnders bosses have announced that former Hollyoaks star Jamie Lomas is joining the soap.

The actor, best known for playing Chester villain Warren Fox, has landed the part of Albert Square newcomer Jake Stone and will begin filming later this month.
    Jake turns up in Walford following a run of bad luck, but is determined to turn his life around.

Billed as "sexy and seductive", Jake is a recovering alcoholic whose fundamental weakness is his inability to resist temptation.

As Jake settles into Walford, he initially seems to be a closed book as he keeps his secrets to himself. However, his good looks and charming nature could make him a popular arrival with some of the locals.Speaking of his new role, Lomas commented: "I'm over the moon to be joining the cast of EastEnders. I have admired the show for many years and I can't wait to start working with such a strong cast of actors. Jake Stone is a great character to play and I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into the role."

EastEnders' executive producer Lorraine Newman added: "We're delighted to welcome Jamie to the world of Walford. I have no doubt he'll make a big impact on screen as Jake Stone. The show's about to enter a really exciting period which Jamie will be a huge part of, with a great storyline allowing him to truly shine."

Lomas played the role of Warren on Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009, and was at the centre of some of the Channel 4 soap's most explosive storylines. He then returned for another year-long stint from late 2010.

EastEnders will air Jake's first scenes in August.
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-06-2013 at 00:08.

Thread Information