Emmerdale star Laura Norton has branded her character Kerry Wyatt "a liability".

The actress hinted that she can't see Kerry changing her ways anytime soon as the villagers continue giving her chances to prove herself.

Kerry lands a trial at the Sharmas' sweet factory after going job-hunting in tonight's episode (March 20), but whether the brothers have made the right decision in trusting her remains to be seen.

Describing her character on Daybreak this morning, Norton joked: "Demure, I would say, and charming. No, she's a liability! In the first episode that I was in, Chelsea Halfpenny - who plays my on-screen daughter - described her as a 'train crash on legs'."

On Kerry's new factory position, she added: "Yes, I get a job finally after ten months. What could possibly go wrong?"

Norton added that she has struck up a close friendship with Halfpenny and will be heading on holiday with her later this year.

Revealing their small age difference, she said: "If I had given birth to her in real life, it would have been when I was 8 years old. Have a think about that one!

"We just instantly hit it off. We've got exactly the same work ethic, we've got the same sense of humour, we're both very passionate about the characters in the show.

"We're going to Ibiza. It's really worrying actually! [We're going] with Isobel Hodgins who plays Victoria. There's going to be a few interesting stories when we come back!"

Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm on ITV.