Holby City star Sarah-Jane Potts has confirmed that she doesn't plan to stick with the show for much longer.

The actress joined the cast of the BBC One medical drama in early 2011 and has been appearing on screen as senior staff nurse Eddi McKee since June.

However, speaking on This Morning today, Potts revealed that she never likes to stay in one role for an extended period of time.

"[It's been] a year now. I like moving on - I don't like to be in things for very long," Potts explained. "I think I feel like I'm coming to a natural end to where I want to go with her. I don't know if they [the producers] have their ideas!"

Asked whether Holby City's bosses are aware of her intentions, she joked: "This might be the first they've ever heard of it!"

Potts also admitted that she doesn't want plain sailing for Eddi and potential love interest Luc Hemingway (Joseph Millson), who made his debut in November.

"I think I like people to want something to happen," she said. "I think the journey, a lot of the time, is in the want of something. Once it happens, it can kind of dissolve. I like arguing with him - it's so much fun arguing with him every day. I don't want to have to be all lovey dovey!"

Holby City continues tonight at 8pm on BBC One.