Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
Sorry perhaps I did not make myself clear. I know what goes through people minds when they are in the depths of despair and contemplate suicide. They feel that life is no longer worth living and that no-one cares how they feel. What I meant was that if the person who committs suicide could only see what pain, guilt and heartache they leave behind then they would realise there is another alternative. Believe me there are times when I have been on the verge but for some reason or other did not go through with it thank God. The problem or reason which drove me to it got resolved in the long or short term. Whilst arranging funerals for suicide victims the most common response from thos left behind was WHY??? or If only they had talked we could have sorted it out.
Okay, I understand what you're saying, and I suppose I'm still trying to respond from the wrong side - the do'ers side - because that's where I have the most experience. I understand where you're coming from but all these counter responses keep popping up, which aren't totally relevant in this conversation!