Perhaps David Bratt is suffering from sunstroke after his holiday in Tenerife. For what else could explain his bizarre behaviour and his talk of a holiday romance?

Back only a couple of days, he has promoted himself to "Creative Director" in gran Audrey's hair salon and stolen Maria's clients, forcing her to quit.

Meanwhile, he's wearing out his fingers texting a cage dancer called Candy who he met on his first night away.

"And did your eyes meet through the bars of this cage?" Audrey teases.

"You can say what you like," smitten David claims. "I've never met anyone like her before in me life. I reckon she's The One."

So much so that on Monday he reveals to a shocked Gail that her mummy's boy has got engaged to Candy - by text obviously - she's moving in with them and they plan to get married in three weeks' time.

But when the mysterious Candy arrives on Friday there's an even bigger surprise for Gail... not to mention Becky and Steve.

Because she is Kylie, Becky's chav sister. The gobby girl who sold her son Max for 20 grand and then came back for £5,000 last December, forcing a desperate Becky to loot from Dev's shop - "practically steppin' over dead bodies fer yer own selfish interest", as Lloyd puts it.

Heralding the return of the excellent Paula Lane as Kylie, this is a brilliant pairing of the Street's bad boy and the ultimate chav.

And it can mean only one thing - double trouble. Brace yourselves...

The Mirror