Thread: Tommy Duckworth

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Tommy Duckworth

Former Hollyoaks star Chris Fountain has been cast in Coronation Street, taking on the role of Tommy Duckworth.

Tommy - grandson of the late Jack and Vera and son of Terry - will make a shock return to the cobbles next March, more than ten years after he was last seen on screen.

As he arrives in Weatherfield, Tommy is in for a sad surprise as he is unaware of the fact that Jack has passed away.

According to the ITV soap's official website, Tommy has an eye for the ladies and soon finds himself accepted by the local community thanks to his "quick wit and easy charm".

Speaking of his new role, Fountain commented: "I'm delighted to be joining Coronation Street, especially as I'm playing a Duckworth. I'm looking forward to upholding one of the most celebrated names in soap. I can't wait to start filming in the New Year."

Meanwhile, Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson said: "I have long admired Chris, right back to his first appearance on our screens as a young boy in Red Production Company's Bob and Rose. He has the perfect balance of looks and charm and will, I am sure, create a brilliant successor to Jack. The ladies of Weatherfield had better watch out!"

Fountain will be the third actor to play the role of Tommy, following in the footsteps of Darryl Edwards and Joseph Aston, who portrayed the younger versions of the character.

Best known for appearing as Hollyoaks bad boy Justin Burton between 2003 and 2009, Fountain's other screen credits include Where The Heart Is, The Royal and Five Days.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-11-2010), tammyy2j (27-11-2010)

Thread Information