Eddie Izzard has completed his endurance feat of 43 marathons in 51 days for charity Sport Relief, finishing in London's Trafalgar Square today.

Having revealed details of the run last month, the comedian jogged around 27 miles per day and took only one day off a week. He covered almost 1,100 miles on his route around the UK.

The 47-year-old, who trained for just five weeks prior to the event, told BBC News upon finishing that he is now planning to "sleep for a week". Izzard admitted that he had originally aimed to complete his final run in under five hours - but missed the target by 30 seconds.

He said: "I don't know what the hell I was doing at the end but it must have been way faster than I was doing the rest of the time. So I feel exhausted now, but you know, it's over.

"Being here is very nice because, when I left here seven and a half weeks ago, there was nothing here, it was just a cold morning and now there's a lot of people here, even in the rain."

Izzard has so far raised more than £200,000 from the run, which took place across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...-marathon.html

What a guy