Coronation Street bosses have been urged to scrap a 'sick' scene which was filmed at the scene of the Moors murders.

DISTRAUGHT Moors murder mum Winnie Johnson told of her outrage last night after learning Corrie bosses had filmed a controversial scene where her son was buried.
Old wounds were reopened when the soap’s Sally Webster forced tearaway daughter Rosie into a car and drove her to bleak Saddleworth Moor outside Manchester
Winnie, whose 12-year-old son Keith Bennett was among the young victims of 60s killers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, said the scene amounted to child abduction.

The 72-year-old mum, who still does not know the exact location of Keith’s windswept grave, added:
I had to sit down when I heard what they have done. Are they going out of their way to be sick? This is outrageous and plain disgusting.
I lost my son out on those moors. I go there every year to lay flowers in memory of him.
But to film a child abduction up there after everything that has happened is a disgrace.
I love Coronation Street but after this sick publicity stunt I’m not sure I can watch it any more.
The Corrie scenes, shot last week, are due to be screened in six weeks.

Many of the soap’s staff also felt the location was inappropriate.

An insider said: “A lot of people in Manchester are still angry about what happened up there. It was bad taste.”
A spokesman for the soap said: “No offence was meant. The pictures released were unofficial and are not necessarily representative of what will be shown on screen.

“Rosie is taken by her own mother and there is never any sense of her being in danger.

“She is being taken to a boarding school and not to the Moors specifically.”
Source - The Sun