Thread: Eddie Izzard completes charity marathon

Eddie Izzard completes charity marathon

Eddie Izzard has completed his endurance feat of 43 marathons in 51 days for charity Sport Relief, finishing in London's Trafalgar Square today.

Having revealed details of the run last month, the comedian jogged around 27 miles per day and took only one day off a week. He covered almost 1,100 miles on his route around the UK.

The 47-year-old, who trained for just five weeks prior to the event, told BBC News upon finishing that he is now planning to "sleep for a week". Izzard admitted that he had originally aimed to complete his final run in under five hours - but missed the target by 30 seconds.

He said: "I don't know what the hell I was doing at the end but it must have been way faster than I was doing the rest of the time. So I feel exhausted now, but you know, it's over.

"Being here is very nice because, when I left here seven and a half weeks ago, there was nothing here, it was just a cold morning and now there's a lot of people here, even in the rain."

Izzard has so far raised more than £200,000 from the run, which took place across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...-marathon.html

What a guy

Congrats!!!

I didnt hear about this until her was about half way through and this is really the second time ive heard about it- is it just me or has this been poorly advertised????

I have not seen anything about this until now

I only knew about it on twitter - WELL DONE EDDIE

Well done Eddie.. and I didn't even know about this... if it had been better advertised he would have raised a lot more
    Super Mod

Apparently he got loads faster as time went on. The first 'marathon' took him 10 hours and the last only 5 - even with te blisters on his blisters.

An amazing feat!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Apparently he got loads faster as time went on. The first 'marathon' took him 10 hours and the last only 5 - even with te blisters on his blisters.

An amazing feat!
    Wow that is amazing...
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    Congrats!!!

I didnt hear about this until her was about half way through and this is really the second time ive heard about it- is it just me or has this been poorly advertised????
    It was poorley advertised I only knew he was in Edinburgh when it was reported on the six o'clock news. Had I know before I would have went up to Arthur's Seat to congratulate him.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information