Thread: Live at Studio Five

Live at Studio Five

Does anyone watch this? It's Five's answer to the One Show and it kicked off yesterday afternoon. It's hosted by Melinda Messenger, Ian Wright and Kate Walsh (from the Apprentice).

I missed it yesterday, but I watched the first ten minutes on YouTube. What I seen of it, it was rather bad! But I am going to watch today as I'm really interested to see how bad it can get!

They all talked over each other and it was like three mates sitting and having a chat in the pub!

Katie Price was on there yesterday but I missed that as she was on towards the end.

it wasn't great was it! katie price was the same old thing, boring and peter andre is on tonight so again yawn!

melinda messenger wasn't that bad but ian wright!!! what was wrong with him? he couldnt sit still!

How predictable that they have Peter Andre on there the next day.. I bet one of the questions will be "are you still in love with her?" I only want to watch to see how much of a car crash it is.

I noticed that. Hopefully he'll sit still today

Live From Studio Five hit a new audience low last night, according to early viewing figures.

The celebrity magazine-style show, hosted by Kate Walsh, Melinda Messenger and Ian Wright, pulled in a lowly 230k (1.2%) last night between 6.30pm and 7.30pm. The show has lost over half its viewers since its opening night last Monday, which managed 476k (2.6%).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1785...-audience.html

I am not surprised, I caught the end of it last Friday and have never seen anything as shambolic as those three presenters all talking at the same time, it was plain and simply awful to watch.

Melinda Messenger has quit magazine show Live From Studio Five after less than five months as a host.

The former Page 3 girl will bow out to pursue new projects when her current contract expires in March, The Sun reports.

In a statement, Messenger said that she has had a "fantastic" time on Five's evening programme, which is also presented by ex-footballer Ian Wright and Apprentice finalist Kate Walsh.

A Five spokesman commented: "We would like to thank Melinda for the great job she has done."

It is thought that Messenger will be replaced by a series of guest hosts, including Hollyoaks actor Ricky Whittle and GMTV's Gloria De Piero, who have both filled in on the show before.

Insiders have suggested that reality star Walsh recently agreed to renew her own contract with Studio Five for a further six months.

Live From Studio Five could reportedly be cut down to half an hour.

According to The Sun, executives at Five are concerned that the second half of the programme clashes with The One Show.

The programme has been on air from 6.30pm to 7.30pm since it launched last September but has struggled in the ratings.

Executives are said to be hoping that more viewers will tune in if the show is shorter. They are also reportedly considering a change to the presenting team, which currently includes Kate Walsh, Ian Wright and Jayne Middlemiss.

"Executives are not happy about the ratings," a source said.

Richard Desmond bought Five for £103.5m last week.

Ian Wright stormed out of Live From Studio Five last night after he learned that his contract would not be renewed, a report claims.

The show went ahead without the ex-England star, who also objected to planned changes to the programme's format.

"The show is being downsized and works better with two hosts," a source told the Daily Star.

"Ian wasn't comfortable with that and the producers decided it was best for everyone not to have him on the show any longer."

Another commented: "Losing a million pounds a year must be quite upsetting."

Wright had been hosting the show along with current co-hosts Kate Walsh and Jayne Middlemiss.

Earlier this year he branded former presenter Melinda Messenger "annoying". She later hit back claiming that the "intolerable" 46-year-old was the reason she quit.

Thread Information