Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance

Cat Deeley has been unveiled as the host of the UK version of So You Think You Can Dance.

The 32-year-old presenter, who also fronts the reality dance contest in the US, will join Nigel Lythgoe to host the British version in January 2010, the BBC has announced.

"So You Think You Can Dance has been a phenomenon in the US and I have been incredibly proud to be a part of it," said Deeley. "I cannot wait to bring this show to the UK as I know the audiences will be as wild about it as they are in the States.

"Part of the appeal has always been discovering new talent and giving gifted dancers a platform to show off their extraordinary skills - being on that journey with them makes this the best job in the world. The fact that I'm now coming home to present So You Think You Can Dance in the UK is about as good as it gets."

Lythgoe added: "When we made the decision to bring Cat on to the US version of So You Think You Can Dance, I knew she would win over our audiences because she is so beautiful and yet identifiable.

"She continues to charm the fans because her affection and concern for our dancers is so genuine and sincere; she possesses a rare quality of charm and vulnerability that is sexy and smart. I have no doubt UK audiences will feel the same."

Plans for a UK version of the talent show, which also features former Strictly Come Dancing judge Arlene Phillips, were announced last month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/realityt...can-dance.html

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    this sounds like a show that the BBC has tried twice before. Strictly Dance Fever anyone? Dance X?
    It does and both failed

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    I have been thinking of Abbie and Kirsty when I have seen this advert. would you girls like to audition for this show.
    lol no, im rubbish compared to them

Seriously guys, I know you might think its boring but Ive watched the american series so many times and the people on it can really dance, they are like amazing, they really do blow you away, Im excited for this to come here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbie For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (07-10-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    this sounds like a show that the BBC has tried twice before. Strictly Dance Fever anyone? Dance X?
    It does and both failed
    Dance X was pants but I loved dance fever I voted for the winners, they were amazing

I occasionally watch the US show

me too I like to see people that can dance worse then I can

WAG Louise Redknapp knows a thing about spotting someone with fancy footwork - well she is married to ex-soccer ace Jamie.
    That may be why the former Eternal singer has been signed up as guest judge on the BBC's new talent show, So You Think You Can Dance.

She will sit alongside axed Strictly expert Arlene Phillips and Popstars judge and original "Mr Nasty" Nigel Lythgoe. He has made his name in the States judging hopefuls on the US version of the show.

Louise, who pulled off hot dance moves in the video for No 1 hit Naked, will sit in on the Manchester leg of the auditions.

She'll ramp up the glamour quota even further after Cat Deeley was lured back home from her LA base to host the series, due to air in January.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0VOXa4BSa

Saturday 9 January
    7.00-9.00pm BBC ONE

Cat Deeley and Nigel Lythgoe continue the search for Britain's favourite dancer

So You Think You Can Dance goes live, as Cat Deeley and judges Nigel Lythgoe and Arlene Phillips continue the search to find Britain's favourite dancer.

Having whittled down the finalists from thousands of initial entrants, the dancers are now paired up to perform in couples. Training with world-class choreographers and working across an array of genres, the finalists take to the floor hoping to impress the judges and win valuable viewers' votes.

Which couples will make a good first impression and which will be forced to dance for their lives and their place in the competition? Tonight, one boy and one girl will take their final bow and dance their way out of the contest and out of the running for the chance to realise their dreams in Hollywood and take home the £100,000 prize.

Louise Rednapp has been announced as a third judge for So You Think You Can Dance.

The former Eternal singer will join Nigel Lythgoe and Arlene Phillips on the panel for the dance contest, which launches tomorrow night on BBC One.

"I'm so excited about this opportunity," said Redknapp. "I went through similar dance training as a lot of the kids competing, so I know where they're coming from. The opportunity this show offers them is phenomenal, and I can't wait to be part of the live shows."

Lythgoe, who is also executive producer on the series, added: "Louise joined us as a guest judge during the Manchester leg of the auditions and we loved her - she brought something different to the panel and she had a great affinity with the kids up there dancing for their lives. When it came to thinking about the live shows, we kept coming back to Louise. She is perfect for the job."

Redknapp was recently unveiled as the new host of Sunday morning show Something For The Weekend.

With this and the dance show on Sky there will be too many

Thread Information