Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugababes

Sugababes

Sugababes star Keisha Buchanan has warned that Amelle Berrabah may decide to quit the group.

Last week, it was claimed that Berrabah had been reported missing after being "bullied" by Buchanan. Both singers went on to deny the rumours on Twitter.

In a new interview with the News of the World, Buchanan has confirmed that there are problems within the band. However, she insisted that she is not responsible for the disputes.

Claiming that Berrabah has a habit of disappearing, she commented: "Every couple of months it will happen. At certain times there are people thinking they're bigger than the band.

"She'd blame it on [her ex-boyfriend] Freddie, she'd blame it on her family, on all sorts of things. But what's the excuse this time? Maybe she doesn't have the balls to say she wants to go."

The 24-year-old added: "She's thinking about leaving but I'm not going to be used as the scapegoat. These things make me stronger. I'm going to use this and write a killer song and I'm going to be fine."

Berrabah joined Sugababes in December 2005 as a replacement for Mutya Buena.

This can be merged with the other thread
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Amelle Berrabah has allegedly quit the Sugababes, with widespread speculation suggesting that she is to be replaced by Jade Ewen.

According to Heatworld, the singer has parted ways with Keisha Buchanan and Heidi Range following rumours of a rift in the group - and the remaining members are believed to have already found an unlikely replacement in Eurovision star Ewen.

An insider said: "I've been told off the record that Jade is joining the Sugababes", while a statement from Jade's label has also hinted that there could be truth in the new speculation.

It reads: "Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, we regret to inform you that Jade Ewen will be taking time off from all promotional activity for the foreseeable future."

As previously reported, rumours recently surfaced that Amelle was preparing to quit the Sugababes and had hinted that founding member Buchanan is to blame.

However, ex-member Mutya Buena has since spoken out in defence of Buchanan, insisting that the 24-year-old is not a "bully".

If its true then they need to just call it a day, they cant carry on like that all the time just replacing member by member its ridiculous.

Why does the name Jade Ewen ring a bell? Was she on X Factor or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Why does the name Jade Ewen ring a bell? Was she on X Factor or something?
    she represented UK in eurovision in April. And she's about to realse her debut single "My Man".

to be honest if i was the manager of Sugababes i'd kick out the Keesha, she seems to be the one that causes all the problems and has made the others quit in the past. i love amelle, she's my favourite band member

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bryan For This Useful Post:

Abigail (18-09-2009)

Ah yes, I remember now.

Sugababes aren't the best girl band around. They've had numerous line up changes over the years. The should call it quits and go their separate ways.

This has came at a really awkward time! just as their about to get the new album out!

i hope Amelle tries going it solo and being the British Rhianna

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k9 View Post
    This has came at a really awkward time! just as their about to get the new album out!
    sell the thing i dont get is, it's a new albumn so what will Jade do exactly? sing songs they werent intended for her, sing songs on tour or in tv spots, that arent her voice on the albumn? she'd have to wait another 18 months or so before there's an albumn with her voice on it.

i guess that would mean bye bye to Jade's solo career/albumn, which is a shame as i was looking forward to that! mind you i did wonder whether she'd have much sucess, at least with Sugababes she might go far.

Thread Information