Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kevin Kennedy 'in talks' for Corrie return

Former Coronation Street star Kevin Kennedy has revealed that he is still interested in returning to the soap.

Tabloid reports recently tipped the actor to reprise his role as Curly Watts, but show bosses later insisted that there were no immediate plans to bring him back.

Speaking on ITV's Loose Women this afternoon (April 19), Kennedy confirmed that Curly is unlikely to return to the cobbles in the near future.

He explained: "I'm afraid that's just a rumour. As far as I know, there are no plans. I had a little chat with the producer, but that was a while ago. You never know, but we'll wait and see.

"I think that if the opportunity came up, then it would be a very nice thing to do. But they're very busy up there. They've got a big cast, so you just have to wait and see what happens."

Reflecting on Curly's exit storyline, the actor added: "He went off to Newcastle in a black cab. They didn't send me to Canada or somewhere like that. Sometimes they ship you out quite far. As I say, you never know in this business. A phone call can change everything."

Curly was part of the soap's cast between 1983 and 2003. He also appeared in spinoff DVD A Knight's Tale in 2010.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Kevin Kennedy has never hidden the fact that he would love to return to Coronation Street as Curly Watts but now that Kate Oates is looking to the show’s rich history and bringing back characters like Peter and Adam Barlow and Toyah Battersby, it could finally be on the cards.
    The actor has reiterated his desire to make a comeback to Weatherfield as loser in love supermarket manager and astronomy enthusiast Curly. It’s been 13 years since Curly was last seen on screen when viewers saw him leave for Newcastle with his wife, police officer Emma.
    Kevin has mentioned on a number of occasions that he would love to return but so far, it hasn’t come to fruition despite Curly still knowing many of the residents on the Street and fans on the whole being up for seeing the hapless but loveable favourite back.

Speaking on ITV’s Lorraine, Kevin said: ‘We all grew up together so it would be nice, I would love to. It’s no secret I would love to go back and do some more and if that opportunity arises then brilliant.
    ‘The irony of it is that one of the excuses for people leaving is to spend more time with their family but I would have to go back to spend more time with mine because I’m always on the road.’

He added: ‘It would be very churlish and arrogant of me to deny that body of work. I’m very proud of my work on Coronation Street and the stories that we did with the writers and other actors and it’s a life calendar thing – people remember a story from what was going on in their lives.’
    Over to you, Kate!

metro.co.uk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2016), Rear window (05-11-2016)

i do not want a whole lot of old characters on the show

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2016), LouiseP (03-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Now he is not .... https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...n-curly-watts/

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    He's behind you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Perdita (05-05-2019)

Thread Information