Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Kennedy 'in talks' for Corrie return

Kevin Kennedy 'in talks' for Corrie return

Former Coronation Street star Kevin Kennedy has announced that he wants to return to the soap next year.

The 48-year-old actor claimed that he has been in talks to reprise his role as Curly Watts for the show's 50th anniversary celebrations.

Speaking to the Daily Star, he commented: "It's been discussed at the highest levels and we're all in agreement. Curly still has a tale to tell but he's got to have a good reason to come back.

"The best soap storylines are where the audience is in on it but the other characters aren't. Say Curly comes back to the Street after getting out of jail? The viewers will know this but the Corrie residents won't. There'd be loads of stuff to find out as the story unravels.

"I still live in Manchester and pop into the studios for a cuppa and to catch up on the gossip."

Kennedy's character was written out of the ITV1 drama after 21 years in 2003. Viewers saw him leaving Weatherfield with wife Emma (Angela Lonsdale) and son Ben.

A Coronation Street spokesman said: "With the 50th anniversary next year we would never rule out the return of any favourite character."

It is not the first time that Kennedy has discussed a possible comeback. In April, he suggested that there is still "mileage" left in Curly.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...ie-return.html

I would love for him to come back, hopefully with wife and son

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (14-09-2009), crystalsea (14-09-2009), tammyy2j (14-09-2009)

He needs to stick to Daz Soap and not return

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (14-09-2009), lizann (15-09-2009), Siobhan (14-09-2009)

The show has moved on too much since his days, he wouldn't really fit in now, same with Reg.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

If they can bring back old characters in other soaps, they can in Corrie. Maybe Curly's wife is still a copper and comes in to investigate some crime or he comes back as manager of a store, which he used to be. I shall wait to see how they do this before writing him off.

Kevin Kennedy has played down rumours that he will return to Coronation Street next year.

Earlier today, a tabloid reported that Kennedy was poised to make a "shock comeback" as Curly Watts for the ITV1 soap's 50th anniversary celebrations in 2010.

The speculation came after the actor confirmed that he would like to reprise the role for the programme's milestone.

However, speaking to BBC London 94.9FM's breakfast show, Kennedy insisted: "The thing is, like any kind of weird sort of wonderful situation, you work for a big company like the BBC and what have you and it's like the actor or presenter is probably the last person to know what's going on!

"The press seem to know more than I do anyway. There's rumours flying - every three months there's something asking if I'm going back but at the moment, to be honest with you, no-one's said anything to me so I can only tell you that, unfortunately, it's not true as far as I know."

Kennedy went on to confirm that Curly returning to Weatherfield after a stint in jail is one idea which was "floated around" for the character in the past. He also revealed that he would "love" to be back in the programme.

Curly was last seen in 2003 when he left the Street with wife Emma (Angela Lonsdale) and son Ben.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a1...ur-untrue.html

He needs Corrie a lot more than they need him.

Why would he return now? Jack is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    He needs Corrie a lot more than they need him.
    Indeed Trinity.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Sorry Kevin as much as Curly was a popular character on Corrie there is nothing on the streets of Weatherfield for him now, there is no point in bringing him back.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

What would he do if he came back?
    Would he attempt to work for Fresco's again?

Thread Information