Thread: Pop duo Chas & Dave confirm split

Pop duo Chas & Dave confirm split

Pop duo Chas Hodges and Dave Peacock have announced that they will no longer be performing together.

Peacock confirmed that he is retiring from the music business, while Hodges will continue with touring commitments under the new name Chas And His Band, reports the BBC. Peacock's decision comes shortly after the death of his wife Sue, who passed away in July from lung cancer.

"Sue was instrumental behind the scenes for Chas & Dave, working tirelessly on the side of the business that musicians just aren't good at," said the pop veterans in a statement.

"It's accurate to say that without Sue and [Hodges's wife] Joan, there wouldn't have been Chas & Dave."

Chas & Dave have performed together for 35 years and scored No.1 singles with 'Gercha' and 'Rabbit'. Their other hits included 'Ain't No Pleasing You', 'Snooker Loopy', and football songs dedicated to their favourite team Tottenham Hotspur, 'Ossie's Dream' and 'Tottenham Tottenham'. Their debut LP One Fing 'n' Anuvver contained eight Top 40 singles.

Recently, the duo had experienced a career renaissance, with several shows at Glastonbury and bands such as The Libertines citing them as an influence.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a1...irm-split.html

they haven't sung together in ages.. how come they announce a split now???
    Super Mod

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Siobhan For This Useful Post:

sindydoll (23-09-2009)

It says they have performed for over 35 years, even at Glastonbury, but maybe not on tv. Not my style of music tbh so I would not have known whether they are still performing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    they haven't sung together in ages.. how come they announce a split now???
    all i know of is rabbit rabbit rabbit or something like that i dont think they have sung together since i was born and that was in 1970
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Chas & Dave (official)

It is with tremendous sadness that we announce the passing of our very own Chas Hodges.

Despite receiving successful treatment for oesophageal cancer recently, Chas suffered organ failure and passed away peacefully in his sleep in the early hours of Saturday September 22nd.

We would like to thank our fans for their fantastic support and goodwill at this difficult time.

Thread Information