Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Casualty Current Episode Discussion

I watched it. I so wish she had told Lenny. This is going to be really interesting because of Mads' religion and culture.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Items used in the television series Casualty are to be sold to raise funds for Bristol Children's Hospital.

The BBC show filmed its final scenes in the city where it has been based for 25 years before its move to Cardiff.

A Holby Hospital sign, scrubs worn by the character Charlie Fairhead, photo IDs used by the characters and a clapperboard used in the last programme are all to be sold.

The items will be auctioned online and funds raised donated to the hospital.

"Bristol has played a vital part in the success of Casualty and we are hugely grateful to the people of the city for putting up with us for all these years," said executive producer Jonathan Young.

Derek Thompson, who plays Charlie Fairhead, said there was good memorabilia in the auction and added the neighbouring Bristol Royal Infirmary had given a lot of support to the programme.

"It's a great way to to raise money for the Grand Appeal and to show our support for all the help the BRI has given us over the years," he said.

Casualty will join a growing stable of BBC drama programmes to be produced in new studios in Cardiff Bay, including Doctor Who and Torchwood.

Is it just me or are there a lot of nurses in the show now?

HE BBC got more than 60 complaints from Scotland after a doctor on hit show Casualty claimed drug abuse was a "national pastime".
    Furious viewers bombarded the Beeb after the controversial exchange between English doctor Nick Jordan and his Scottish junior Lenny Lyons.
    In the opening scene of the Saturday night drama, doctors were seen battling to save the life of a young heroin addict, rushed to hospital with a needle sticking out of his arm.
    When 40 minutes of resuscitation proved fruitless, Scots-born junior doctor Lenny Lyons voiced his frustration over having to treat self-inflicted illnesses.
    Emergency room boss Nick Jordan - played by Michael French - told him: "I thought you would be more sympathetic to heroin users."
    When the Scot, played by 29-year-old actor Steven Miller, from Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire, asked what he meant, his boss replied: "You are Scottish. It's a national pastime."
    Labour's health spokeswoman Jackie Baillie said: "This is just insulting nonsense, which has no basis in fact.
    "The BBC should not engage in this type of ill-informed cultural stereotyping."
    Fan Steve Frew said: "This is not the first time the show has put us down as a nation.
    "Every time you get a drunk or a tramp on Casualty, he turns out to be a Scot.
    "Now they've made us famous for being drug addicts too."
    The Scottish Drugs Forum said: "Figures show that 0.3 per cent of Scotland's population used heroin within the last year - that can hardly be described as a national pastime."
    Last night, the BBC admitted that they had received a total of 62 complaints.
    A spokeswoman said: "Dr Lyons is well known to viewers as a patriotic and passionate Scot.
    "His banter with Dr Jordan about his lack of sympathy towards the death of a drug addict is a reflection of his hot-headed temperament and strong moral code.
    "There was no intention to cause any offence to viewers."
    The Scottish government recently reported a drop in the number of drug deaths in the country, with heroin and morphine accounting for half of the 485 total in 2010.
    Community Safety Minister Roseanna Cunningham said: "Tackling the misuse of drugs is a complex issue which the Scottish Government have been working hard to address.
    "Our national drugs strategy offers a framework to tackle Scotland's legacy of drugs misuse through action, not words."
    In 2007, a plan to screen a Muslim terror attack on Casualty was axed following an internal row.
    It was reported that producers had already started shooting the controversial episode but were overruled by Beeb bosses.
    The episode was said to have featured a Muslim terrorist detonating a suicide bomb at a bus station.
    But editorial guideline staff said it breached editorial and ethical standards.
    Instead, the attack was portrayed as having been the work of extreme animal rights activists.

(c) [email protected]
    Last edited by alan45; 22-08-2011 at 00:49.

Last night's episode was one of the best programmes that I have watched in a while. It kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Well done Casualtty

I watched last weeks and this weeks having not watched Casualty since August and now Ruth and Jay have just upped and left! I hadn't read any spoilers or anything so I was a bit shocked but awww what a lovely exit. I LOVE that they got a happy ending.

& I also love how when Casualty wants to rebuild its set etc (or in this case make the big move to Cardiff) there's always a fire/explosion. Typical Casualty.

& I find it amusing that the new doctor and Dylan are 'technically' married. They do seem suited, although I'll have to watch some of the previous episodes she's been in.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by xcarlyx View Post
    Last night's episode was one of the best programmes that I have watched in a while. It kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through. Well done Casualtty
    Yes, I was on the edge of my seat too worrying that they might kill off the gorgeous Zoe.

Actually, if I was in Casualty I'd refuse to appear in the last episode of a series as this sort of thing is bound to happen!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Yes, I was on the edge of my seat too worrying that they might kill off the gorgeous Zoe.

Actually, if I was in Casualty I'd refuse to appear in the last episode of a series as this sort of thing is bound to happen!
    Hi, did I miss something ?? a spoiler or something ??? guess I did :-(

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    I watched last weeks and this weeks having not watched Casualty since August and now Ruth and Jay have just upped and left! I hadn't read any spoilers or anything so I was a bit shocked but awww what a lovely exit. I LOVE that they got a happy ending.

& I also love how when Casualty wants to rebuild its set etc (or in this case make the big move to Cardiff) there's always a fire/explosion. Typical Casualty.

& I find it amusing that the new doctor and Dylan are 'technically' married. They do seem suited, although I'll have to watch some of the previous episodes she's been in.

it is not often our night time shows have happy endings,,like Jay and Ruth,, I mean that was so cool they left in a VW van awesome happy ending all they needed was some PEACE decals on the side of the van LOL I throughly enjoyed the show Sat nite, it was the bite your nails and end of your seat type of thing,, but I cursed that silly little kid for being STUPID,,,

Loved the episode on saturday for a moment I thought they were gonna give Lenny a shock exit or even Zoe or Dylan but not Ruth and Jay oh noo, I think the writers released if they killed either one of those two off and didn't give them a happy ending then they would loose serious viewing figures. Loved the ending with Charlie and Jordan too made me laugh after having bitten my nails for the best part of an hour.

LFC FOR LIFE YNWA JFT96

Thread Information