Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Casualty Current Episode Discussion

The bit about going to the US is unrealistic. Jess and Adam are professional medics and would have greater acces to profession bereavement groups. The programme should have used this story to show what help is available

I'm still not convinced, alan. I think any rational thought is likely to go out of the window at a time like that. Fortunately I have never been in a position to know.

I am on parkerman's side in this one. The death of a baby can bring a couple closer together or tear them apart, for a while at least. Being in the medical profession, they might actually not realise that counselling could be something to be considered by them, as they are too close to it all. But it could have been something for the scriptwriters to include, it could maybe help viewers in a similar position.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    I'm still not convinced, alan. I think any rational thought is likely to go out of the window at a time like that. Fortunately I have never been in a position to know.
    Fortuneately neither have I personally but in my professional life I have dealt with many many cases involving infant death some explained and some unexplained. I am not saying that Jessicas reaction is unbelieveable, in fact far from it. The whole idea of her upping sticks and going to the US of A is preposterous. The scriptwriters have obviously not thought that aspect of the storyline out fully.

In my opinion what she did was extremely selfish to the kids.
    However i understand why she did it...it doesn't mean she wont call/email/keep in touch with Adam and the others...she just can't bear to look at him coz he reminds her of Harry. Obivoulsy she wouldn't just move in one day etc but thats all for the purpose of tv. but she admitted she still loved Adam and was obviously distraught to go...however she will probs come back at some point one day, they always do!. It's just a shame they never did marry properly...i feel sorry for both of them though, mainly Lucas and Amelia although i'm pretty sure they will have a blast in America!

Anyway people it's a soap...a good soap...but it's tv...and not real...if it was real life it would be a little boring so the writers must exagerrate to get people to carry on watching.
    However unless you have been it that position yourself which i sincerely hope is a tiny majority of people then who are you to judge how someone else must feel? The writers may have also not been in that situation so they can't judge either...it would be an impossible situation and either way there would be no way to escape the never ending pain...

I hope we see Jessica again...she was a good actress and managed to play out this storyline very well, and made it all very real...good for her
    Last edited by AmzH4; 08-02-2010 at 17:43. Reason: Just saw some more stuff i wanted to add :) may i?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AmzH4 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (08-02-2010)

Is it just me or has there been an increase in swearing in the last couple of episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by WelshHorizon View Post
    Is it just me or has there been an increase in swearing in the last couple of episodes?
    Im fu**ed if I know

I agree with Perdy....

I can't stand May! she is so irritating.

Thread Information