Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Taylor (Patti Clare)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    When Mary first appeared she apparently mentioned an ex-husband who's long since been forgotten. Kate Oates has been delving into the characters' histories quite a bit so perhaps the ex will be revisited?

It's true that Mary did behave like Brendan was her first boyfriend but I can't remember if that was said outright. I always thought it strange that he should be since, although eccentric, Mary is sociable, attractive and a decent human being so I can't imagine that Brendan would have been the first man to show an interest.

I don't think the secret son storyline been officially confirmed anyway. It may just be speculation.
    her introduction to the show as obsessed with norris showed her as real sociable and decent

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-11-2016), Glen1 (05-11-2016), swmc66 (03-11-2016), tammyy2j (03-11-2016)

When Mary first appeared she apparently mentioned an ex-husband who's long since been forgotten. Kate Oates has been delving into the characters' histories quite a bit so perhaps the ex will be revisited?

It's true that Mary did behave like Brendan was her first boyfriend but I can't remember if that was said outright. I always thought it strange that he should be since, although eccentric, Mary is sociable, attractive and a decent human being so I can't imagine that Brendan would have been the first man to show an interest.

I don't think the secret son storyline been officially confirmed anyway. It may just be speculation.
    her introduction to the show as obsessed with norris showed her as real sociable and decent

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    That's covered in my post by the term "eccentric".

(Actually I'd forgotten about it - I think I blocked it from my mind! )

is that what you call it eccentric, more kidnap and obsession was it ever explained why she did it, love for norris?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-11-2016)

is that what you call it eccentric, more kidnap and obsession was it ever explained why she did it, love for norris?

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    A siblng would have been better. Ths storyline does not make sense as she has never acted strange when people are having babies etc not acted as she has gven a child up. I thought the way she acted with brendon that he was her first boyfriend
    I did also think he was her first boyfriend I think I even remember a talk she had with Erica saying that too

Wikipedia does not have anything about her being married before

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-11-2016), parkerman (05-11-2016)

In fact, both Wikipedia and Corriepedia refer to her as a spinster.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-11-2016), swmc66 (06-11-2016)

I agree that Brendan seemed to be her first boyfriend. When they split up Erica and Liz gave her plenty of age old, slightly cliched advice about "getting back out there" etc, etc which she would surely have known already if she had other relationships before. But the whole breaking up thing seemed to be new to her. I also agree that a long lost brother would be far more interesting and would still allow us to learn more of her odd background. Also, I would love to see what her mother is like, after all those weird anecdotes!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-11-2016), swmc66 (06-11-2016)

Wikipedia apparently used to name an ex-husband of Mary's called Ray Gibbs, but I've no idea how much truth there was to that! I don't entirely discount that she made some throwaway comment about being a divorcee when she was introduced because Corrie are known for forgetting their characters' histories (Michelle's real child Alex and also Kevin's dead child, for example).

If it was ever true, it certainly doesn't seem to be the case any more!

Thread Information