Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mary Taylor (Patti Clare)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I wish she would stay strong and wait for a prince charming not already married
    I agree. but when they wrote the introduction
    when Brendan character was announced-he
    did sound "temporary" so thought there would
    be problems.
    It would be nice if they had found Mary an
    "available" boyfriend -but no drama in that
    I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    She is just desperate to find love and not thinking straight
    when it comes to any man, mary falls easy

She is just desperate to find love and not thinking straight
    when it comes to any man, mary falls easy

Not happy about the Mary storyline. I wanted her to find love and be happy with none of this married man nonsense. She deserves some happiness. How long is this Brendan on the scene for? Hope Rita is wrong but i doubt it

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-12-2015), Glen1 (12-12-2015), Perdita (12-12-2015)

Coronation Street's Mary Taylor will be left wishing she had never got involved with married Brendan Finch next week.

Mary has fallen in love with Brendan despite being fully aware of his marital status, but she will pay the price for her actions when his wife arrives in Weatherfield and confronts her.

When Brendan's wife Bridget starts to insult Mary, she argues back by stating that they are in love. However, her words are greeted by an angry slap from Bridget, who also informs Mary that she is not her husband's first affair.

Patti Clare, who plays Mary, said: "I think in that moment the bubble is burst. When she first sees the wife she actually sees it as an opportunity for everything to be out in the open.

"She's kind of excited by it because she's right in the eye of the storm, in the middle of this romantic Mills & Boon novel which has exploded in her face. So she actually thinks, 'Ok let's put all our cards on the table, let's tell this poor woman of our love affair', but of course it doesn't go that way."

Mary and Bridget argue
    © ITV
    Mary then faces further humiliation when Brendan arrives amid all of the commotion and fails to support her.

Not only does Brendan reject all knowledge of the affair, but he denies knowing Mary at all - simply dismissing her as one of his weird fans.

Dev and Erica rally around to support a heartbroken Mary in the aftermath, but will she be able to come back from this?

Clare said: "She's been badly bruised but Mary's extremely resilient, she's like the Terminator, perhaps to the point of being foolhardy.

Bridget slaps Mary
    © ITV
    "I think she will bounce back, it might take her a while, but the minute another man comes along and shows her attention she'll be off again and there's nothing we can do about that.​"

Speaking about working with Ted Robbins, who plays Brendan, Clare added: "​It's been an absolute pleasure to work with Ted Robbins.

"He's a joy to have around and when you have that chemistry with another actor you can just run with it. It's been really lovely."

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Friday, January 29 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-01-2016)

Coronation Street's Mary Taylor is finally getting a big storyline - if these surprising new filming pictures are anything to go by.

Patti Clare, who plays Mary, has been spotted working on location for scenes which see her eccentric character on a mission to find a long-lost family member.

Reports suggest that Mary is actually on the hunt for a long-lost son, which would definitely be a huge shock. Nope, we didn't know she had one either!

With moral support from her friends Norris Cole, Dev Alahan and Erica Holroyd, determined Mary embarks on a door-to-door search to find the man she's looking for.

Coronation Street location pictures: Mary Taylor searches for her long-lost son
    © Eamonn & James Clarke

Mary is convinced that she's found him, until the handsome young chap in question takes her by surprise by suddenly revealing his twin brother.

Knowing that she's definitely not looking for twins (well, unless she gave birth to another child without realising it like Kat in EastEnders), poor Mary realises she's suddenly back at square one.

Coronation Street location pictures: Mary Taylor searches for her long-lost son
    © Eamonn & James Clarke
    But does Mary really have a long-lost son? If so, why are we only hearing about it now? And will he be introduced to the cobbles soon?

As ever, first look paparazzi pictures often only tell half the story, so we'll just have to wait and see when Coronation Street airs these scenes in a few weeks' time.

Digital Spy

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-11-2016), Glen1 (05-11-2016), lizann (02-11-2016), tammyy2j (03-11-2016)

giving mary a long lost son now is a huge mistake, brother yes and i wanna see her mother

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-11-2016), Perdita (02-11-2016), tammyy2j (03-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    giving mary a long lost son now is a huge mistake, brother yes and i wanna see her mother
    I was actually thinking it might be a brother she's looking for instead of a son. I think it's a good idea to give Mary some family on the street whatever, but a long lost son would be a bit of a cliché.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-11-2016)

A siblng would have been better. Ths storyline does not make sense as she has never acted strange when people are having babies etc not acted as she has gven a child up. I thought the way she acted with brendon that he was her first boyfriend

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swmc66 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-11-2016), lizann (02-11-2016), tammyy2j (03-11-2016)

A siblng would have been better. Ths storyline does not make sense as she has never acted strange when people are having babies etc not acted as she has gven a child up. I thought the way she acted with brendon that he was her first boyfriend
    When Mary first appeared she apparently mentioned an ex-husband who's long since been forgotten. Kate Oates has been delving into the characters' histories quite a bit so perhaps the ex will be revisited?

It's true that Mary did behave like Brendan was her first boyfriend but I can't remember if that was said outright. I always thought it strange that he should be since, although eccentric, Mary is sociable, attractive and a decent human being so I can't imagine that Brendan would have been the first man to show an interest.

I don't think the secret son storyline been officially confirmed anyway. It may just be speculation.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 02-11-2016 at 21:14.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (05-11-2016), swmc66 (03-11-2016), tammyy2j (03-11-2016)

Thread Information