Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who - News and Spoilers

I think Hayley Atwell who played Agent Peggy Carter might make a good lady Dr Who.

BBC News article: Doctor Who: Who could replace Peter Capaldi?

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38808070

DailyMail article: 'It's time to move on': Peter Capaldi reveals he is QUITTING Doctor Who... a month after claiming he wanted to stay for a 'long time'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...octor-Who.html
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 31-01-2017 at 22:12.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (31-01-2017)

Yeah she would make a great doctor, or Gillian Anderson.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (31-01-2017)

who suggested danny dyer, himself

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (09-02-2017)

KRIS Marshall is the new Doctor Who, it has been claimed.

The actor – best known for his roles in My Family and Death in Paradise – has reportedly already begun filming for the new BBC space epic series.

Kris Marshall is going to be the next Doctor Who according to the shock claims GETTY

“Kris Marshall has already joined the cast and will regenerate at the end of this series, not in the Christmas special,” a source told the Mirror.

According to the paper, the BBC has refused to consider a woman for the lead character, with the source adding: “They won’t risk a woman Doctor. They want a David Tennant type.”

The BBC has denied the claims and insisted no casting decisions have been made.

Fans became convinced Kris would be the actor to take over the role after he quit Death in Paradise just says after current Doctor Peter Capaldi announced his decision to quit.

The alleged new Doctor could be arriving far sooner than expected with the new trailer for the show seemingly showing a regeneration.

A new trailer has debuted for the tenth series of Doctor Who, including a soul-sucking soldier, terrifying aliens and a new assistant.

The Doctor is ready for battle – but will he make it to the end of the series?

When Peter Capaldi announced his departure from Doctor Who, his leaving date was set for Christmas Day 2017 but a brand new trailer for the upcoming tenth series suggests he might be leaving sooner than expected.

The Sun

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (16-04-2017)

BBC have denied this. Plus I'm pretty sure Chris chinball hasn't even taken over yet. So i would take this with a big pinch of salt.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (16-04-2017), Perdita (16-04-2017)

The new doctor will be revealed on BBC One this Sunday, after the men's Wimbledon final

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (16-07-2017), Pantherboy (16-07-2017), Perdita (15-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    The new doctor will be revealed on BBC One this Sunday, after the men's Wimbledon final

Jodie Whittaker has been named as the 13th Doctor Who

Jodie Whittaker will become the first woman to play the Time Lord in Doctor Who, ending months of speculation over who will replace current lead Peter Capaldi.

Whittaker, 35, best known for her role as Beth Latimer in Bafta-winning drama Broadchurch, described the role as "incredible" and asked fans of the show "not to be scared by my gender".

She said: "It feels completely overwhelming, as a feminist, as a woman, as an actor, as a human, as someone who wants to continually push themselves and challenge themselves, and not be boxed in by what you're told you can't be.

"Doctor Who represents everything that's exciting about change... the fans have lived through so many changes, and this is only a new, different one, not a fearful one."

Whittaker revealed she had told "a lot of lies" to keep the announcement secret and used the codename "Clooney" when discussing the role with her husband and agent.

Follow
    Doctor Who Official ✔ @bbcdoctorwho
    Meet the Thirteenth Doctor #DoctorWho #Doctor13
    5:28 PM - 16 Jul 2017
    41,759 41,759 Retweets 55,214 55,214 likes
    Twitter Ads information and privacy
    She will team up with the show's creator Chris Chibnall as he takes over from Steven Moffat as executive producer.

Chibnall said: "After months of lists, conversations, auditions, recalls, and a lot of secret-keeping, we're excited to welcome Jodie Whittaker as the 13th Doctor.

"I always knew I wanted the 13th Doctor to be a woman, and we're thrilled to have secured our number one choice.

"Her audition for The Doctor simply blew us all away."

Capaldi described his successor as a "wonderful actress".

He said: "Anyone who has seen Jodie Whittaker's work will know that she is a wonderful actress of great individuality and charm.

"She has above all the huge heart to play this most special part. She's going to be a fantastic Doctor."

As well as her role in Broadchurch, Whittaker has also featured in romcom One Day, time-travel film Harmony and in both St Trinian's films.

The Yorkshire-born actress will become the 13th Time Lord.

Peter Capaldi will give up the role after this year's Christmas special.

Sky News

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (16-07-2017), Pantherboy (17-07-2017), parkerman (16-07-2017), tammyy2j (18-07-2017)

i thought maybe tennant would return, not sure im ready for female doctor but let's see how she does

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (17-07-2017)

In Super excited to see how it will play out myself.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (19-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kaz21 View Post
    In Super excited to see how it will play out myself.
    well she did well i think, very like david tennant, funny quirky goofy

Thread Information