Thread: 'Hollyoaks' casts another McQueen

'Hollyoaks' casts another McQueen

Hollyoaks has finally cast Theresa McQueen's wayward mother, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

Kathleen McQueen - Theresa's biological mum and sister to head of the family Myra (Nicole Barber-Lane) - will be played by Alison Burrows.

She will make her first appearance in one episode of this year's Hollyoaks Later run, which is being headed up by former Hollyoaks producer Bryan Kirkwood.

While Theresa is in London on a mission to pursue her modelling dream, she decides to visit her mother, who is currently spending time at Her Majesty's pleasure in prison.

Michaela (Hollie-Jay Bowes) helps her cousin keep the visit a secret, but warns her that Carmel (Gemma Merna) and Jacqui (Claire Cooper) highly disapprove of their aunt.

When she eventually comes face-to-face with her mum, Theresa is delighted by her intentions to turn her life around when she is released. However, the youngster's dream of a reunion crumbles when Kathleen admits that she is moving to Spain with her boyfriend.

A Hollyoaks source told DS: "Theresa's devastated when he mum gives her the brush off but she's soon back with her tail between her legs towards the end of the year in time for Christmas, though."

They added: "Just how will Theresa react to her mum wanting to be a part of her life again? And how will Myra cope with her sister's sudden reappearance?"

Burrows's Later episode is due to transmit on Wednesday, September 30. She will then descend on the village in a full-time role during the main Channel 4 show in December.

Her previous screen credits include Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Waterloo Road.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

lizann (04-09-2009), tammyy2j (03-09-2009)

I prefer some male McQueens

I thought Myra's married name was McQueen, so how can her sister have the same second name as her? In fact the kids have different fathers but all the same second name. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    I thought Myra's married name was McQueen, so how can her sister have the same second name as her? In fact the kids have different fathers but all the same second name. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    I dont think Myra or her sister Kathleen was ever married - their mother, the grandmother is called Nana McQueen

Lets hope shes a better actress then Theresa.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Thanks Tammy, that makes sense. I forgot about Nana McQueen!

There is too many McQueens

They really are Hollyoaks answer to the Dingles, popping up fromk everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    They really are Hollyoaks answer to the Dingles, popping up fromk everywhere.
    That really is true.

Plus theres the affairs that are slightly in common

well since Theresa came in because her mum was in prison it was obvious we were going to meet her at some point.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information