Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: X Factor 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Walsh recently admitted that John & Edward were "slagged off" in Ireland during the initial stages of the competition.

John and Edward are still been slagged off now Only 3 - 10 year old actually like these two over here.. they are an embarrasement to irish music and the country
    Super Mod

louis.....complaining??? no never, dont believe it............

Louis is so funny this year!

HE two biggest Afros in music appeared head-to-head last night as X Factor star Jamie Archer met his hero - Queen's Brian May.

The frizzy-topped duo were introduced as the talent show wannabes were given a rock masterclass by Brian, 62, and bandmate Roger Taylor ahead of tonight's Queen night.

Guitarist Brian, who will perform mega-hit Bohemian Rhapsody alongside the hopefuls tomorrow, was so impressed with Jamie's curly mop that he modestly asked him: "Are you trying to copy me?"

Queen fan Jamie, 34 - nicknamed "Jamie Afro" - confessed he WAS, replying: "It's part Brian May and part Jimi Hendrix." Jamie will sing the rockers' smash Radio Ga Ga on tonight's ITV show. He said: "Queen are heroes of mine. I know this performance is going to be the best of my life."

Brian and Roger, 60, also met contestants Danyl Johnson, Stacey Solomon, Joe McElderry, Lloyd Daniels, Olly Murs and twins John and Edward Grimes in London.

And Brian had reassuring words for Danyl, who will be singing the group's We Are The Champions.

The 27-year-old singer has been blasted for being cocky. But Brian said legendary Queen frontman Freddie Mercury - who died in 1991 - had faced similar criticism.

He said: "Freddie was accused of being arrogant more than once. You need to go out there and give it to the audience".

John and Edward, dubbed Jedward, will perform Under Pressure - with lyrics by rapper VANILLA ICE.

The 18-year-olds, from Dublin, have already been compared to the '80s star, real name Robert Van Winkle, due to their ice-white quiffs.

Now they will add his words to Queen's bassline in the style of his 1989 hit.

The twins' mentor Louis Walsh said: "If there's one thing people know about Jedward, it's that they are entertaining. I guarantee this will be their most entertaining performance ever. I'm convinced they'll avoid the sing-off."

Last night Louis, 57, hinted the twins would be signing a record deal - even if they got the push.

He said: "Jedward will soon sign a deal, there's huge interest in them. They'll be making records and having the time of their lives.

"As far as I'm concerned they've won already as they've proved Simon Cowell wrong. I'll be happy to get one more week - but they can keep going and going."

The tone-deaf twins controversially stayed in the show last week after Cowell took the decision back to the public vote with the pair in the bottom two.

Meanwhile Olly made a last-minute dash from rehearsals to hospital yesterday. The 25-year-old Essex boy - favourite to win the show - was taken for X-rays on the hand he broke on a punchbag inside the X Factor house.

Medics wanted to check the break hadn't shifted, requiring an operation. And Olly had an anxious wait for the all-clear to sing tonight.

One patient at University College Hospital said: "He looked worried so we wished him luck."

The BBC hit out last night over the scheduling of the X Factor final, which will take place on the same night as the Sports Personality of the Year.

The December 13 clash means the Beeb's glittering event will be left with the ratings crumbs.

A BBC spokesman said: "It's a real shame."

Cowell's singer pal Sinitta was forced to wear a FACEMASK at the X Factor studios yesterday - to avoid giving him her cold.

DIVAS Lady Gaga and Janet Jackson will sing on the X Factor's final live show, a Michael Jackson special.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Brian-May.html

X Factor contestants John & Edward have reportedly been forced to change the song they are performing on tonight's show at the last minute.

The teenagers were due to attempt Queen's hit 'Radio Ga Ga', but have been advised to try the band's 1981 collaboration with David Bowie 'Under Pressure' instead, according to The Mirror.

A show insider told the newspaper: "The twins were struggling a bit with 'Radio Ga Ga' so a decision was made to change their song.

"But they're freaking out now as they're having problems remembering the words for 'Under Pressure' and they're worried they'll mess it up.

"For the past few weeks, their performances have been ambitious but there is no big production to hide behind this time.

"There's some big notes in this song too so that's another worry."

Last week, John and Edward were in the bottom two but were saved by the public vote after Simon Cowell decided to go to deadlock.

The twins' mentor Louis Walsh revealed that he will be delighted if the 18-year-olds can survive another week.

He said: "I'm worried about them going home. If we get through I'll be so happy."

The X Factor continues tonight at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/...ange-song.html

"DIVAS Lady Gaga and Janet Jackson will sing on the X Factor's final live show, a Michael Jackson special."Quote.

Wow!!! can't wait for this one!!! I have a feeling Stacey might not do very well tonight. Really looking forward to X Factor tonight, I love Queen Possibly Lloyd/Stacey/Twins in sing-off tomorrow? Not Stace I hope
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

i really dont see the point of this programme. Simon should not get a vote.
    I figured out why I'm so fat!!! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body" on the bottle. I'm going to start using dishwasher liquid, cos it says "removes fat that is otherwise difficult to remove" on the bottle!

Come on Jedward

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    X Factor contestants John & Edward have reportedly been forced to change the song they are performing on tonight's show at the last minute.

The teenagers were due to attempt Queen's hit 'Radio Ga Ga', but have been advised to try the band's 1981 collaboration with David Bowie 'Under Pressure' instead, according to The Mirror.

A show insider told the newspaper: "The twins were struggling a bit with 'Radio Ga Ga' so a decision was made to change their song.

"But they're freaking out now as they're having problems remembering the words for 'Under Pressure' and they're worried they'll mess it up.

"For the past few weeks, their performances have been ambitious but there is no big production to hide behind this time.

"There's some big notes in this song too so that's another worry."

Last week, John and Edward were in the bottom two but were saved by the public vote after Simon Cowell decided to go to deadlock.

The twins' mentor Louis Walsh revealed that he will be delighted if the 18-year-olds can survive another week.

He said: "I'm worried about them going home. If we get through I'll be so happy."

The X Factor continues tonight at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/...ange-song.html
    Why is Afro singing this then, if it was done at last minute?
    Last edited by SarahWakefield; 14-11-2009 at 20:13.

great performance from Jedward best of the night

Thread Information