Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: X Factor 2009

The X Factor finalists have recorded a cover of a Michael Jackson hit to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.

The contestants' version of 'You Are Not Alone' will be performed for the first time during the results show on Sunday November 15, before going on sale the following day.

Sick children from Great Ormond Street Hospital will be in the audience to watch the rendition.

In 2008, the X Factor finalists generated over £1 million for Help for Heroes with their cover of Mariah Carey's 'Hero'.

Simon Cowell said: "This year we chose to work with Great Ormond Street to help raise funds and awareness for their incredible work.

"I'm very proud of the single and I really hope it raises an enormous amount of money for people who really need our help."

Louis Walsh added: "Great Ormond Street Hospital does some incredible work and I implore everyone to go out and buy the single to help raise money for such a worthy cause."

Dannii Minogue stated: "I have been aware of the amazing work Great Ormond Street does for a long time, coming into contact with many families who have benefited from their tireless care and attention.

"Their work is incredible and I'm so pleased that we are able to offer them support with this single."

Dr Jane Collins, chief executive at Great Ormond Street Hospital, commented: "We really hope that the public will buy this recording so we can raise as much money as possible to allow us to continue to help sick children from across the UK get better."

Meanwhile, 14-year-old Jade Rowles said: "I think it's brilliant that The X Factor is supporting Great Ormond Street Hospital because last year I got to meet Alex [Burke] just after I'd had my lung transplant.

"The visit from her really cheered me up and she even invited me to the X Factor live tour - one of the best nights of my life. If you buy this record you'll be helping lots of other kids like me."

The X Factor continues tonight at 8pm on ITV1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/...ty-single.html

If theres any justice tonight Rachel will not be in the bottom two.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

John and Edward should go

John and Edward, Lloyd, overrated Danyl.. theres plenty i'd like to boot out!
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

I like Danyl.........but I prefer others

I dont think J&E will go. I think they are kinda the chico of this year. You know wot i mean, crap but entertaining.

Ithink Lloyd should be in the bottom with Danyl.

I really dont see how Danyl is that good. I think Stacey and Lucie, even Olly are better than him
    I figured out why I'm so fat!!! The shampoo I use in the shower that runs down my body says "for extra volume and body" on the bottle. I'm going to start using dishwasher liquid, cos it says "removes fat that is otherwise difficult to remove" on the bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k9 View Post
    If theres any justice tonight Rachel will not be in the bottom two.
    I agree. But I think Rachel was acting a bit weird after her performance, like she was giving an acceptance speech or something. Olly was good. IMO Jamie should not have been allowed to sing a song that wasn't Big Band. Stacey let me down, and I didn't like her dress. I'm not keen on Danyl either. John & Edward were better last week, but probably won't be in the bottom two. I am getting tired of Miss Frank.
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

I used to like Stacey but I can see her fading away

I really like Stacey. She seems like such a lovely and down to earth woman and she looked absolutely beautiful last night in that dress. I really hope her, Joe and Miss Frank are safe tonight.

Miss Frank were awesome - loved the rap.

It's really hard to predict who will be bottom two tonight.

I liked rachels hair last night, she looked more likeable, she didnt look as wild or hard as she has done in previous weeks
    Maisie Mouse

Thread Information