Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inside Soap Awards 2011

Inside Soap Awards 2011

The nominees for this year's Inside Soap Awards have been revealed.

The full list of nominations was revealed in July but has now been cut down to just four potential winners per category.

At next week's ceremony, EastEnders actress Jessie Wallace will go head-to-head with Coronation Street's Katherine Kelly, Hollyoaks star Claire Cooper and Emmerdale's Pauline Quirke in the 'Best Actress' category.

Shane Richie from EastEnders has been nominated as 'Best Actor', alongside Coronation Street's Chris Gascoyne, Hollyoaks actor Emmett J Scanlan and Danny Miller from Emmerdale.

The 'Sexiest Female' category consists of Michelle Keegan, Jennifer Metcalfe, Sammy Winward and Jo Joyner, while the 'Sexiest Male' could be Keith Duffy, Danny Mac, Danny Miller or Scott Maslen.

Inside Soap editor Steven Murphy told the Daily Star: "With tram crashes, baby swaps, wedding day revenges and serial killers, it's been a rollercoaster year for the soaps. We can't wait to find out who our Inside Soap magazine readers have named as their favourites this year.

"The competition is tougher than ever, so it could go any way when those envelopes are finally opened. The Inside Soap Awards is always a great night, and those soap stars just love to celebrate, so I'm looking forward to a really fantastic evening."

Fans can vote on the Inside Soap website right up until the awards show on Monday, 26 September.

The full list of nominees is as follows:

Best Actor
    Chris Gascoyne (Peter Barlow) Coronation Street
    Scott Maslen (Jack Branning) EastEnders
    Danny Miller (Aaron Livesy) Emmerdale
    Emmett J Scanlan (Brendan Brady) Hollyoaks

Best Actress
    Katherine Kelly (Becky McDonald) Coronation Street
    Jessie Wallace (Kat Moon) EastEnders
    Pauline Quirke (Hazel Rhodes) Emmerdale
    Claire Cooper (Jacqui Ashworth) Hollyoaks

Best Young Actor
    Alex Bain (Simon Barlow) Coronation Street
    Maisie Smith (Tiffany Butcher) EastEnders
    Joe-Warren Plant (Jacob Gallagher) Emmerdale
    Ellis Hollins (Tom Cunningham) Hollyoaks

Best Newcomer
    Paula Lane (Kylie Platt) Coronation Street
    Steve John Shepherd (Michael Moon) EastEnders
    Pauline Quirke (Hazel Rhodes) Emmerdale
    Emmett J Scanlan (Brendan Brady) Hollyoaks

Funniest Performance
    Patti Clare (Mary Taylor) Coronation Street
    Tameka Empson (Kim Fox) EastEnders
    Gillian Wright (Jean Slater) EastEnders
    Bronagh Waugh (Cheryl Brady) Hollyoaks

Sexiest Male
    Keith Duffy (Ciaran McCarthy) Coronation Street
    Scott Maslen (Jack Branning) EastEnders
    Danny Miller (Aaron Livesy) Emmerdale
    Danny Mac (Dodger Savage) Hollyoaks

Sexiest Female
    Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre) Coronation Street
    Jo Joyner (Tanya Jessop) EastEnders
    Sammy Winward (Katie Sugden) Emmerdale
    Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes Fisher) Hollyoaks

Best Wedding
    Roy and Hayley Cropper Coronation Street
    Tamwar Masood and Afia Khan EastEnders
    Chas Dingle and Carl King Emmerdale
    Gilly Roach and Steph Cunningham Hollyoaks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-09-2011), parkerman (18-09-2011)

When you go on the site to vote it still has the full list...

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    When you go on the site to vote it still has the full list...
    You don't mean to say you are actually going to vote in this. Its obvious who the winners will be.

Yes, I'm voting for Peggy, Phil, Kym Marsh and Kate Ford...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (18-09-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Yes, I'm voting for Peggy, Phil, Kym Marsh and Kate Ford...
    Thought you might

EastEnders star Jessie Wallace will reportedly win 'Best Actress' at this year's Inside Soap Awards.

The actress, who plays Kat Moon in the BBC One soap, secured the accolade after receiving the most votes from Inside Soap magazine readers, reports the Daily Star Sunday

Wallace won't be at tomorrow's ceremony to collect the award, but her EastEnders co-stars will instead accept it on her behalf.

Should the rumour be true, she will beat Coronation Street's Katherine Kelly (Becky McDonald), Hollyoaks star Claire Cooper (Jacqui McQueen) and Emmerdale's Pauline Quirke (Hazel Rhodes) to the title.

A soap source said: "Kat Moon has only been back in Albert Square a year - but what a year it's been for her. The soap's controversial baby-swap storyline was one of the most talked about ever and once again Jessie pulled off some amazing performances.

"Kat has always been one of the most popular characters in the soap world and since her return she's become even more of an icon. Everyone is excited to see what happens next for Kat and of course husband Alfie."

She recently won 'Best Soap Actress' at the TV Choice awards as well as winning 'Best Actress' at the British Soap Awards in May and All About Soap's Bubble Awards back in March.

Quelle Surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet I can predict the other winners of this EE Fanclub Award

Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has credited her character's "feisty" nature for her string of 'Sexiest Female' triumphs.

The actress, who plays Rovers barmaid Tina McIntyre, has won the title at various award ceremonies during her time at the show and has been tipped to pick up the prize for the third year running at tonight's Inside Soap Awards.

Keegan told The Sun: "Tina being feisty makes people vote for her. It's a huge compliment and I pinch myself, I'm so flattered.

"Since day one, I haven't changed how I am or what I wear. I don't really want to wear lots of make-up, even on nights out I don't get too over-the-top glammed. I don't feel that pressure to ooze sexiness. I go to Tesco in baggy jumpers.

"I'm constantly wearing jeans and a top and I've always got my hair up. I don't wear it down a lot of the time. Tina always wears tinted moisturiser and mascara and that's what I wear."

Keegan also pledged her future to Coronation Street, confirming recent reports that she is signing a new contract.

"I've never put a time limit on being in Corrie. I've been here four years and have no plans to leave," she said. "Hopefully they'll have me a bit longer. I still really enjoy it. I still pinch myself because I'm working on Corrie. I grew up watching it so it's unbelievable."

Come on Emmerdale

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

alan45 (26-09-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Come on Emmerdale
    I agree but they are hardly likely to win anything in this so called awards ceremony. The vast majority of prizes will as usual go to Deadenders as that is the main readership of this magazine. It has always shown an EE Bias

EastEnders has been handed the 'Best Soap' prize at the Inside Soap Awards.

For the second year running, the show was the biggest winner at the ceremony, taking home five gongs ahead of Coronation Street's three.

As leaked yesterday, Jessie Wallace scooped the 'Best Actress' gong for her portrayal of Queen Vic matriarch Kat Slater.

Emmerdale's Danny Miller retained his respective titles of 'Best Actor' as Aaron Livesy in the village serial and 'Best Dramatic Performance' for his involvement in Jackson's assisted suicide scene.

Coronation Street bagged the 'Outstanding Achievement' award for its tram crash storyline and 50th anniversary live episode.

Elsewhere in the ceremony, Waterloo Road won 'Best Drama', while Home and Away was awarded 'Best Daytime Soap'.

Thread Information