Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Episode Discussion

It has become woeful since they changed to the new format. The producers seemed to have forgotten the age old maxim. 'If its not broken dont fix it'

The Bill was excellent in its old format with just the right interaction between the Uniform and Cid branches. It allowed realistic stories to develop (Kiddiecop being the obvious exception) and showed in my opinion a realistc portrayal of police life.

What they are trying to do now is show a new moody Detective Show based around the wonderful Max Carter and his tales and exploits. Max like Samantha Smug before him follows his own somewhat dodgy agenda and disregards everyone. In reality he would have done this once or maybe twice before having his wings well and truly clipped. Manson is a weak DI for leting him away with it.

The Bill as I have already said are trying to emulate an American Cop Show and have in my opinion failed miserably,
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (16-10-2009)

Not a bad episode considering the usual tripe we've had to endure recently. Minimal CID involvement, back to real police work, I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    Not a bad episode considering the usual tripe we've had to endure recently. Minimal CID involvement, back to real police work, I enjoyed it.
    yes agreed abigail i hope keeps on with next weeks

Have to disagree. Thought tonights episode was poorly scripted, poorly researched and very poorly acted.

The Bill appears to have lost the plot.

Who were all those strange people wearing uniforms last night?

Having just watched last Thursday's (29 Oct) episode of The Bill I have to say it was a load of old TOSH. What a pathetic last episode for Tony Stamp. He just happened to mention by the way to Smithy that he had applied for and been accepted for the job at Hendon.

Unless things have changed then surely both Smithy and Callum would have been aware of his application as it would have passed through the chain of command. That aside they should have had a much better storyline for Tony's last episode.

The decision to scrap all our favourite characters will come back to haunt them. They have totally ruined TB and personally I do not care whether I ever see another epsiode of this piss poor programme any more

Exactly what I thought about his application, alan. Surely Smithy would have been asked for a report on him.

However, it wasn't Tony's last episode. This week is Tony's last.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (03-11-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Exactly what I thought about his application, alan. Surely Smithy would have been asked for a report on him.

However, it wasn't Tony's last episode. This week is Tony's last.
    In my day you would have submitted the application through your Sgt to the Inspector. Both would have wriiten their views on it and passed it on up the line. Even if that is not now the case it would have been common knowledge on the Station Rumour Network.

Thanks for letting me know about Tonys last episode. I may just watch it then although the trailer with ludicrous Leon was enough to put me off.

What a woeful episode tonight. A complete disgrace for Tony Stamps last episode befor he leaves the sinking shi* that is The Bill.

The hole episod was poor. They arrested Gavin way at the start. I wonder where they got their power of arrest from as no-one had even mentioned him being there. As for that music. ITS CRAP!!!!!! and no doubt someone got paid a fortune to write it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (06-11-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    What a woeful episode tonight. A complete disgrace for Tony Stamps last episode befor he leaves the sinking shi* that is The Bill.

The hole episod was poor. They arrested Gavin way at the start. I wonder where they got their power of arrest from as no-one had even mentioned him being there. As for that music. ITS CRAP!!!!!! and no doubt someone got paid a fortune to write it
    Why are you suprised alan? look how they wrote out reg hollis

Thread Information