Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Episode Discussion

What's with the sudden fascination with the incident room? It was only used a few times in the 8pm slot, now we have murders and all sorts on the incident room white board.

The show is going in completely the wrong direction. It's now the Neil Manson and CID Show.

So far I have yet to see the new format deliver anything that was promised.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-09-2009), parkerman (04-09-2009)

I can't understand this fascination with Neil Manson. He's taken over. Does he have some sort of hold over Paul Marquess? Are there fivers in old brown paper bags being exchanged?

Not only have the uniformed police been completely sidelined but so has Jack. He gets his well-deserved promotion to Superintendent only to disappear from our screens.

When they closed Broad Street Station in London (bear with me, there is a point to this...), Liverpool Street took over the Watford service, but they kept cancelling the trains at the last minute and it became very unreliable, so people who wanted to go to Watford started using other methods, i.e. the Underground. In the end, British Rail (as it was in those days) said that not enough people were using the Watford service so they were axing it altogether. It seems to me this is what is happening to The Bill. Run it down, then say not enough people are watching it and axe it.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    It seems to me this is what is happening to The Bill. Run it down, then say not enough people are watching it and axe it.
    I would be inclined to agree with you there although after the soaps and X Factor Clones the Bill is one of ITVs most popular shows so it seems stupid to me that they are alienating the shows core viewers.

Its not just here on SB that people are complaining about the all new CID Bill but on other forums as well. Its unlikely that ITV will listen to the fans. After all look how long they kept the Chimp and Kiddiecop for.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

It is silly if they are wishing it to fail. Very few shows get over 4 million these days on ITV - they are in real trouble if they let go of The Bill, as it's so long running and iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    they are in real trouble if they let go of The Bill, as it's so long running and iconic.
    ITV and TalkbackThames are already in trouble. They need to pull something out of the hat soon if the show is going to survive past the new year.

I'm not one for conspiracies but when a program has ~5million regular viewers, it's hard to axe. Change the format and airing time, make it clash with programs like The Mentalist and New Tricks and whaddya know, viewer numbers drop below the four million mark within weeks

If ITV are wanting a cut of my tv license fee then they better up their game. The quality of programs they produce and buy is shocking compared to the BBC channels.

Thats it!!!!!!!!

I've had it with The Bill.

This once great and realistic show has degenerated into a dark place. Since moving to it nine o'clock slot it has become totally CID orientated. Just as when Marquess was the Producer they seem obsessed with one type of storyline. Gone are the good old days when there was a bit of a laugh with the likes of Reggiebabe, Jim Carter and of course the delicious St June.

Then the Bill was a REALISTIC programme showing the everyday lives of London's Finest. Of course in the past they had a few ridiculous storylines too but the least said about Gabriel K*nt and the equally ridiculous Kiddiecop the better.

Even looking at the spoilers for the next few episodes I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel. Next week we have the Mad Max show where he again follows his own agenda.

So thats it no more Bill for me for a while. Ive had enough of the crap for now. They are trying to copy an American cop show and failing miserably

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (13-09-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    Thats it!!!!!!!!

They are trying to copy an American cop show and failing miserably
    Got it in a nutshell, alan.

Another night of DS Carter and DI Manson last night. Yawn....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (16-10-2009)

It really was pathetic last night. The way he spoke with Leon was particularly unbelievable. In fact the whole storyline was rubbish.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (16-10-2009)

I watched the first part and fell asleep. The Bill is really up the creak. There's very little right with it at the moment.

Thread Information