Thread: The Bill on Drama

The Bill on Drama

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you guys have been watching The Bill on the new Freeview Drama channel?

They are currently showing episodes from 1999. I've been recording them each day and stacking them up on my box, keeping some of my favourite episodes to watch again.

They started showing these episodes in July, starting off with when the Bill went to hour long episodes in 1998. The first major storyline was Eddie Santini harrassing Rosie Fox.

I've been loving these episodes. What I love about the stories they've told such as Eddie/Rosie and Tony running over a pedestrian is that these stories have been told in a very subtle and understated way. A lot of drama on TV nowadays is done for shock value and drama is littered with pantomime villains a lot of the time nowadays. Eddie Santini is complex and Michael Higgs plays him with subtlety. There's no over the top theatrics - stories are allowed to play out naturally.

My only criticism is that a couple of the CID episodes have been a bit dull. I definetly prefer the uniform characters to CID in this era.

I hadn't noticed the new channel. Will definitely watch some. I used to like The Bill but I don't think I saw anything pre-2002, so it will be good to see what the differences are.

The Bill on the Drama channel has got to the year 2003 now. I can remember when I watched these episodes the first time round, Cathy Bradford is currently going round making everyone's life hell!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DaVeyWaVey For This Useful Post:

Perdita (15-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    The Bill on the Drama channel has got to the year 2003 now. I can remember when I watched these episodes the first time round, Cathy Bradford is currently going round making everyone's life hell!
    Fast forward to 2019 and Drama Channel is again showing the arrival of Cathy Bradford played by Connie Hyde. They are on series 18 and just like all the pre Marquess episodes its still compulsive viewing. I had forgotten about the odious Superintendant Tom Chandler, DI Samantha Smug, the wonderful Gina Gold, the Beautiful Saint June Ackland, Des Taviner and Reggiebabe. This was a super series until they brought in the ridiculous stories involving Todd Crappy as Gabriel K*nt and the totally laughable Kiddiecop stories.
    Last edited by alan45; 03-03-2019 at 13:48.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

parkerman (03-03-2019)

Thread Information