Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Episode Discussion

Bill Episode Discussion

Discuss episodes of The Bill here

I wasn't too keen on last night's episode at all which is surprising as I've loved all the other 9pm episodes so far.

It really did remind me of the American dramas last night. The shots on the gangs were reminiscent of the camera shots we see on US shows like The Wire.

The story wasn't strong enough to stretch over an hour. It didn't really hold my interest at all and I guessed that girl did the murder 20 minutes in - predictable!

They also seem to be trying to tackle token issues such as race, but it's being handled really poorly.

Uniform characters are still being underused too...

Hope next week is better.

I have to agree Dave, last night's program was poor. I didn't think it was a good idea to bring the Sisolou's back into another story, they're dull and boring.

The scriptwriters are going to have to up their game if ITV are to continue showing The Bill in the new year. At the current standard, I don't blame people for switching over. The storylines are hardly gritty and explosive as we were promised.

Ooops a new Bill episode discussion forum.

I have to say Im not a particular fan of the new Bill. It just seems biased towards CID. They are in danger of making it a cheap clone of an american cop show. Where has the new Jacob ''Is it coz I's black'' Banks appeared from.

Last nights episode was poor in the extreme. Full of stereotypes.

What has happened to the uniform coppers. Have they all been transferred.

Is Sun Hill a CID only station.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Sorry if it's the wrong place, but I haven't seen any of the new episodes since they were axed in scotland. Which night on ITV 3 can I see them or are they on itvplayer.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

they should rename the bill to sun hill CID! where are the uniform based storylines sort it out!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by thestud2k7; 29-08-2009 at 04:42.

I have to agree with the comments above about this week's episode. But, frankly, I have been distinctly unimpressed since The Bill changed to 9:00 to allow for "grittier" episodes. I think it has lost its intimacy; the "characters" seem more distant somehow and not like real people as they did before. It is more like a film than real life. What should have offset this - i.e. the grittiness - I have failed to see. I don't think that any of these stories so far could not have been shown at the old time of 8:00.

Maybe running the whole thing down to make it more unpopular is ITV's precursor to axing the show altogether.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

alan45 (29-08-2009)

Will there be a moral message to every episode each week? It's all getting a bit annoying now. "Don't judge people in care" was clearly the message they wanted to bring across in this episode. So blindingly obvious and Neil's confrontation with Max was so contrived and shoe horned in. Max's comment may have been a bit inappropriate, but it didn't need to evoke that much of a response!

Apart from that, the episode was watchable. The ending was really emotional and I did have a tear in my eye. The actress who played Maxine was extremely good.

Still a bit peed off by the lack of uniform presence though...

I agree it was watchable but why is it C.I.D based again??????????????
    Last edited by thestud2k7; 03-09-2009 at 23:52.

I was really disappointed in tonights episode. Uniform precence 4m 34 secs. WTF is going on. Has Paul Marquess returned to put the final nail in the coffin of what was once Britains Best TV Cop show.

If it continues like this I wont be watching it.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

they should rename it Sun Hill CID

Thread Information