Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Malcolm Hebden - Norris Cole

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy
    would love to see him and Evelyn having a good bitch about everything, let them speak what many think but is to scared to say
    just need some characters who would portray the older people of today many don't agree with Political Correctness in every department, I know the senior citizens have more to say but are to worried to say a word.

Think Corri can portray situations that are happening behind doors, hence Jeff and Yasmin, so why not the chit chat that also happens!!

Stop tippy toeing around Corri, be daring,
    Last edited by mysangry; 01-02-2020 at 18:47.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mysangry For This Useful Post:

emerald (01-02-2020), lizann (01-02-2020), Perdita (01-02-2020)

malcolm has retired, wish him well

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ming-pictures/

Coronation Street has reportedly killed off fan-favourite character Norris Cole.

Actor Malcolm Hebden has been on the long-running soap for 27 years, but announced earlier this year that he had quit.

Now, characters including Norris' former on-screen wife Mary Taylor (Patti Clare), Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) and Claudia Colby (Rula Lenska) have been spotted filming funeral scenes.

The pictures led to speculation that a popular character had been killed off, and with some fans spotting Mary dressed as Star Wars character Princess Leia, it's rumoured to be Norris who has sadly departed.

A spokesperson for Coronation Street has declined to comment on the rumours.

Hebden quit acting in 2017 following a heart attack, but his character continued making cameo appearances until June 2019 when he went to live at Stillwater Retirement Home.

Speaking of his decision to retire, the actor previously explained: "Most of December [2017] I was in an induced coma, in the care of these brilliant, wonderful people at the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU).

"Fortunately I didn't realise how bad it was; I was dying. The cardiac team, headed by Mr [Joseph] Zacharias, simply saved my life."

He added: "I absolutely adored playing Norris and I was pleased to be able to return briefly after my operation.

"It took a great deal of courage to make the decision to retire. But I had come to realise that although the mind was willing the body was not so much."

A Corrie spokesperson added at the time: "Malcolm made the decision to retire and leave the show during the summer of 2020 for health reasons."

Norris joined the soap in 1997, and one of his most memorable storylines featured Mary holding him hostage Misery-style.

The pair did later become close friends, even getting married albeit for a competition.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (06-08-2021)

It's official: Coronation Street has killed off fan-favourite Norris Cole.

Played by actor Malcolm Hebden, Norris made his first appearance in 1994.

The ITV soap has revealed plans for Norris' death storyline, following Hebden's exit from the show after 27 years.

Last month, characters including Norris' former on-screen wife Mary Taylor (Patti Clare), Ken Barlow (Bill Roache) and Claudia Colby (Rula Lenska) were spotted filming funeral scenes. It has now been confirmed that Norris will die after suffering a stroke.

In next week's double bill, Ken confides in Rita Tanner (Barbara Knox) that Norris wants to meet up as he has some important news.

However, they're shocked to hear from Freda Burgess (Ali Briggs) that Norris has collapsed and been taken to hospital with a suspected stroke.

When Ken, Rita and Mary arrive at the hospital, however, it is too late. They are met by an ashen-faced Freda, who breaks the news that Norris died half an hour ago.

Ken then reveals that Norris wanted to share some important news with him, knowing he may now never find out what this was.

The episodes conclude with them raising a toast to dearly-departed Norris in the Rovers.

ITV has also announced it will air a special tribute episode to celebrate Norris and Hebden, as they both bid farewell to the cobbles after more than two decades.

Coronation Street Icons: Norris Cole is narrated by Sally Lindsay and will feature interviews with co-stars past and present as well as classic moments from the archives. It also includes an honest and emotional interview with Malcolm Hebden, the man behind Norris.

Coronation Street airs these scenes on Wednesday, September 15 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV. Coronation Street Icons: Norris Cole airs on September 13 at 8pm.

Digital Spy

did norris marry freda and had he any family, was emily and mavis told?

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    did norris marry freda and had he any family, was emily and mavis told?
    Norris and Freda never married and Ken was going to phone Mavis and Emily when they were at the hospital and found out they were too late
    Last edited by Perdita; 18-09-2021 at 09:44.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (18-09-2021)

Thread Information