Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Gordon Confesses

Confessing to Roy!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Tony and Roy had a number of scenes together when Roy was trying to save the bats.
    That would hardly make Tony confess!

I didn't say it would...

Wink Godfather Tony Murder Plot

I can see him probably confessing but not to Roy

Have you lot seen this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ther-plot.html

What do you make of this?
    Last edited by Hannelene; 21-08-2009 at 20:19.

That article should be in the other thread about that particular spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Hannelene View Post
    I can see him probably confessing but not to Roy

Have you lot seen this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ther-plot.html

What do you make of this?
    Already posted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    That article should be in the other thread about that particular spoiler

it is http://www.soapboards.co.uk/forums/s...ad.php?t=98812
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

When is this due to happen?

From DS

David Neilson (Roy Cropper, Corrie)
    Tuesday, October 20 2009, 06:00 BST

By Kris Green, Soaps Editor

Coronation Street's most unlikely resident becomes embroiled in the ongoing Tony Gordon saga next week as Roy Cropper stumbles across the murderous entrepreneur suffering a heart attack outside Underworld. Having returned from a short holiday in Romania with his wife Hayley (Julie Hesmondhalgh), Roy - played by 60-year-old David Neilson - finds Tony (Gray O'Brien) slumped against a wall clutching his chest and immediately calls for an ambulance, before administering half an aspirin tablet. They eventually reach the hospital and before Tony suffers a second heart attack, he confesses to Roy that he had Liam killed. How will Roy deal with Tony's shock deathbed confession? We gave David a call to find out more.

Why have Roy and Hayley been off to Romania?
    "They go to Romania because Frankie Baldwin is getting married - she's marrying a footballer. They get invited to the wedding and to house-sit for a week so that's the reason they're in Romania. Of course they miss the wedding and other people show up at this villa which we think we've got to ourselves and much hilarity ensues. I think it's good - I'm quite happy to put my name to it, that's for sure."

What was it like filming for the DVD?
    "Very hot but great fun. You're obviously a bit nervous and under pressure - everything's done Corrie-style - doing a movie in under two weeks. It's very rushed but everything got done and the Romanian crew and their actors were fabulous, they really got it together. We had a bit of luck with the weather - so much is shot outside and fortunately we got away with it. It's nice to do something that's a self-contained story with a beginning, a middle and an end. We all had a ball - it was hard in terms of the hours but that's what we're there to do and it was good fun as well."

Roy and Hayley haven't been back long when Roy comes across Tony…
    "Roy gets back and he gets a call from somebody at the conservation society who wants to go bat watching with him because it's the last chance to see the bats before they hibernate for the winter. That links in to a story that Roy had with Tony about 18 months ago when he was first in the show, when he had the bats roosting in the warehouse he was trying to convert and Roy stopped him developing it."

Did you always know the story would come full circle?
    "No, it happened out of how you resolve a story and that came out of a conference - they pick up threads. It's nice that it does because it feels less stuck on and like it has a resolution to it. There is rich history between us and he sees me going off bat watching and he's sarcastic to Roy because of the way he dresses and goes round with his binoculars and torch looking like he should be arrested. Roy goes off and does his bat watching but when he comes back along the street late at night he finds Tony Gordon has collapsed with a heart attack.

"He proceeds to phone the ambulance with difficulty because it's on his Blackberry and Roy can't operate that very well! He does it and gives him half an aspirin - fortunately Roy has first aid qualifications - and waits for the ambulance because there's no-one else around. Maria is away in Cyprus so Roy ends up going to the hospital with him, this man he barely knows, because he's close to death and Tony begs Roy to stay with him.

"They have this long day's journey into night where Roy's sat by his bed being insulted and thrown out and then begged to come back. [Tony]'s on morphine and he's preparing for death. He believes in the afterlife and in heaven and hell and all this comes to the fore because Roy doesn't, Roy's a rational man, but he's interested in the way this man is behaving and appreciates that he's actually in some distress. He stays and tries to be with him and hold his hand."

How does Roy react?
    "He doesn't panic - he's a bit concerned when he finds him initially but because he's trained he can go through the process and then he ends up with the guy. He actually wants to go home - I think he wishes he hadn't gone out that night - but he's a man of duty so he's got to do it, really. He hardly knows him and this guy's in a terrible, terrible state of distress over things he's done in his life that he carries guilt about. He makes this huge confession about killing the bats from the original story and he's in tears and Roy forgives him and says, 'In the great scheme of things you're being very hard on yourself', and then he takes a real turn for the worse and starts to have another huge attack and says, 'I killed Liam', just as the crash team are coming in.

"Roy's called for help, he's pressed the panic button for the crash team and just as they enter he blurts out, 'I killed Liam', then Roy's chucked out of the room. Roy's not sure whether he's heard it correctly..."

Where does it all go from here? How does Roy deal with Tony's confession?
    "Well he goes home to Hayley. [Tony asked], 'If I tell you something will you treat it as a secret?' and Roy's an honourable man. Eventually he says to Hayley, 'What do you think about deathbed confessions?' and she says, 'Well it depends on the confession', so he does confide in Hayley but she doesn't believe it. Everyone knows he didn't actually do it because a car drove into Liam - he didn't actually kill him. He ordered the killing but he didn't actually kill him. Hayley thinks he was just feeling guilty because he was on his stag night and on drugs so you probably misheard it.

"Roy goes through a period where he's just confused by it but he has spent the whole evening with him and there's something that makes him feel he's not satisfied with the answers he's getting. He's uneasy about it even though he can rationalise it - there's something more - possibly because of his major reaction about killing the bats. There's something that says this guy is in turmoil. Of course Maria's coming back from Cyprus with the baby and does he tell them? Does Roy tell her that the man she was in love with murdered her husband and the father of her child?"

I am so looking forward to Roy and Hayley getting such a big storyline!!

Thread Information