Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    *faints*
    Dont be too shocked. We probably agree on more things than you realise

Quote Originally Posted by ellie2 View Post
    yes i've seen that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan45 View Post
    dont be too shocked. We probably agree on more things than you realise :d
    :
    Last edited by Perdita; 25-08-2011 at 23:03.

Coronation Street star Kym Marsh has spoken out about her return to the soap, hinting that there will be busy times ahead for her on the cobbles.

The actress, who plays Michelle Connor, is back on the set of the ITV1 show this week as her maternity leave has come to an end. She and fiancé Jamie Lomas welcomed the arrival of a baby girl named Polly back in March.

Writing in her New magazine column, Marsh commented: "It's my first week back at work on Corrie and at the end of last week, a huge pile of scripts was delivered to my house. Needless to say, I'm really hitting the ground running!

"When you've been away for a while, it takes a bit of time to get back into the swing of your character. You sort of think, 'Er, can I actually still act?'

"But Michelle isn't a million miles away from me so it won't be too difficult. As soon as her famous eyeliner's caked back on and she's in her tight clothes, she comes straight back!"

Last month, reports suggested that Michelle and boyfriend Ciaran McCarthy will begin planning a massive wedding upon their return to Weatherfield. However, Keith Duffy - who plays Ciaran - has warned that his latest Coronation Street stint will be shorter than originally anticipated as he has commitments back home in Ireland.

Read the full story in this week's New magazine - out today.

"can I actually still act?'"
    Still?

The Daily Star reports today that Keith Duffy, who plays Ciaran McCarthy, won't ever be returning to Coronation Street after he's written out at Christmas.

The paper says that Keith is quitting Coronation Street for good and will be written out in a dramatic Christmas storyline. He wants to spend more time with his family and kids and won't be back on the cobbles after he leaves later this year.

A source close to the actor told the Star: “Something had to give and sadly it was Corrie. He’s had a great time working on the show but these last few months have proved very demanding."

Coronation Street star Keith Duffy is to be written out of the show for good, it has been reported.

The Boyzone singer has played Ciaran McCarthy on and off for nearly ten years and returns to the Street later this month to film a dramatic Christmas storyline.

Duffy has decided to leave Coronation Street permanently to spend more time with his wife Lisa and their children - 15-year-old Hollyoaks actor Jay and Mia, 11 - the Daily Star Sunday reports.

A source said: "Something had to give and sadly it was Corrie. He's had a great time working on the show but these last few months have proved very demanding.

"His daughter Mia, who has autism, is starting secondary school and it's a big year for Jay as he has his exams. So he's decided he wants to be at home in Dublin for them both."

The 36-year-old's character will be involved in a plot with on-screen girlfriend Michelle Connor, played by Kym Marsh.

A Coronation Street spokesman added: "It's going to be a very dramatic time for Ciaran."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (26-09-2011), Perdita (26-09-2011)

Keith Duffy has insisted that he will return to his role on Coronation Street.

It had been reported that Duffy, who plays Ciaran McCarthy in the ITV1 soap, had decided to leave the show permanently to spend more time with his family.

The Boyzone star was rumoured to have been written out of Coronation Street in a "dramatic" Christmas storyline involving on-screen girlfriend Michelle Connor, played by Kym Marsh.

However, Duffy has since revealed on Twitter that while he has finished filming his most recent stint on the soap, his character won't be exiting Weatherfield for good over the festive period.

"Home in Dublin Finished today in Corrie for now," he wrote. "Will really miss all the Corrie guys, Love Yas buddies.Ciaran McCarthy Is alive and well and will return (sic)!"

Duffy recently praised his son Jay's performance on Hollyoaks, describing him as a "very natural" actor.

Kym Marsh has admitted that she was nervous about her return to Coronation Street.

The actress, who plays Michelle Connor in the ITV1 soap, went back to work last month following the birth of daughter Polly in March.

Viewers will see Michelle arrive back in Weatherfield next month with Ciaran, played by Keith Duffy, who announces that the couple are engaged.

"Although I kept in touch with people like Beverley Callard (Liz McDonald), Ali King (Carla Connor) and Antony Cotton (Sean Tully) when I was off, I felt nervous going back, as I had big scenes to film," Marsh told The Mirror.

"But there are other cast members that have small children and they've come back to work when their babies are six months old, and it's the same for me. Plus we have a nanny and Jamie [Lomas, fiancé] has finished Hollyoaks now, so he's around more, too.

"When Michelle comes back, she's helping Carla out due to what she's been through. Carla wants to be free of Frank and the only way out she can see is to drop the rape charges. Meanwhile, Michelle decides that she wants to get married in Weatherfield rather than the Bahamas. But nothing ever goes right for her – she's very unlucky in love."

Marsh recently admitted that she will miss Duffy, who will leave Coronation Street in a dramatic Christmas storyline.

Could put an end to all the nerves by not bothering to come back.
    Last edited by Perdita; 22-10-2011 at 11:38.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

alan45 (22-10-2011)

Could put an end to all the nerves by not bothering to come back.

Hear Hear or should that be Hearsay

Thread Information