Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Ciaran McCarthy (Keith Duffy)

Coronation Street star Keith Duffy has said that he believes Ciaran McCarthy and Michelle Connor (Kym Marsh) make a "great" couple.

The former Boyzone member, who recently finished a brief return stint on the soap, claimed that his character was ready to abandon his womanising ways.

"Yeah, I think they're great [together]," he told The Mirror. "Ciaran has had a roving eye for years and has bed-hopped all his life, but at this stage I think he does want to settle down and marry Michelle."

Duffy added that he was happy to be involved in a big Coronation Street wedding before leaving the show.

"When you're working in this job you want the big storylines," he said. "Especially when you don't go home to your family every night. So the busier you are the better. A Corrie wedding is always eventful."

Duffy said that he was willing to move from Ireland to the UK next year in order to stay on Coronation Street.

Keith Duffy has declared that he remains upbeat about a potential return to Coronation Street.

The Boyzone singer and actor, who portrays Ciaran McCarthy, was last seen in Weatherfield in November last year.

When asked by Loose Women's Jane McDonald whether he would return to the soap for a third stint, Duffy proclaimed: "I would, I love the show."

Explaining his exit, Duffy said: "It's just, my family are based in Dublin and when I did Coronation Street, I was commuting over and backwards every weekend and it was very difficult.

"I made a conscious decision in September to come home for a year because my son was doing his big exam and my daughter was moving from national school to secondary school. I just needed to be at home for a year."

Duffy's 12-year-old daughter Mia suffers with autism.

Keith Duffy has revealed that he expects to return to Coronation Street at some point in the future.

The Boyzone star bowed out of his role as Ciaran McCarthy in 2011 after two stints in the ITV soap.

Keith Duffy as Ciaran McCarthy
    © ITV
    Keith Duffy as Ciaran McCarthy

Ciaran insists he wants to return to the cruise ship
    © ITV
    Ciaran with Michelle (Kym Marsh)

Duffy made his debut on the show in 2002 as Peter Barlow's friend, before leaving three years later. He later returned to the role in 2010.

Speaking to the Irish Independent, Duffy said: "I do keep in touch with people in Manchester. I worked there on and off for about 10 years when I was on Coronation Street.

"To be honest, I will return to it but I'm not sure when and I don't know for how long, but I reckon Ciaran McCarthy will definitely walk down the cobbles again."

Duffy is currently focusing on his music career with Boyzone, and the band are due to release a Motown album at Christmas.

I had a feeling he might be back when the storyline with Steve's depression started .. great news if he does come back

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-11-2014)

Keith Duffy hints at return to Coronation Street to ’cause more trouble and stir things up’
    Keith Duffy has dropped his biggest hint yet that he could be returning to the Corrie cobbles.
    The former Boyzone hunk, who played barman Ciaran McCarthy, hasn’t been seen in Weatherfield for nearly five years.
    But today fans of the 42-year-old Irishman will be pleased to hear he wants to make his Rovers Return.
    Speaking to Soaplife magazine he said: “Corrie is something that’s never left me.
    “Everywhere I go, I still get people coming up and talking to me about
    “Coronation Street was a huge part of my life.
    “I was there for 10 years on and off, from 2002 to 2011.
    “I loved the character of Ciaran and I’d like to think that, one day, he’ll be back on the cobbles, causing more trouble and stirring things up.”
    Meanwhile, Keith has a lot to keep him busy at the moment as he has joined forces with fellow Irish singer Brain McFadden to create new group Boyzlife.
    We revealed earlier this year how the boys, who have combined their former groups names Westlife and Boyzone together, would be heading out on the road.
    The new project, which is being backed and funded by hotel giant Hilton, will see the pair take to the stage to perform a mix of their old bands’ biggest hits, including No Matter What and Flying Without Wings.
    It is the brainchild of Keith who went joined the Corrie cast after Boyzone originally split in 2000.
    Now both he and Brian, who quit Westlife in 2004, are hoping it will open the door to a full-blown merger involving more of their former bandmates.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-12-2016)

Keith Duffy has hinted at a Coronation Street comeback for Ciaran McCarthy.

Appearing on today's (October 17) Lorraine, Keith was asked if he would ever return to Weatherfield and he seemed up for it, but added that it probably wouldn't happen next year due to Boyzone's 25th anniversary celebrations.

"I mean, obviously myself and Brian [McFadden] are flat-out for the rest of the year, and then next year is a big year for Boyzone. Maybe in 2019, you might get Ciaran McCarthy back from the Caribbean and get him walking down the cobbles again," he teased.

If you're wondering why he involved Westlife's Brian McFadden in that, it's because Brian will be opening for Boyzone on their 25th anniversary tour.

And, who knows, maybe Brian will appear on Corrie too, with him joking that Ciaran could return with "his little cousin Jimmy".

It's not the first time that Keith has spoken about a return to the ITV soap with him not ruling out a comeback last year, noting that he was thankful to the show for opening new doors for him in the entertainment world.

"I haven't got time to go back right now, but Corrie is definitely something I'd do again," he explained. "I enjoyed my time there, and they're a great bunch of people to work with."

He also explained that he formed Boyzlife with Brian because he found himself typecast given his boyband and soap background.

Digital Spy

Would love for him to come back but please not paired with Michelle again ...

Had forgotten all about him !

Thread Information