Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter)

When her and Aaron have seen enough of each other .. I think that was her parting remark, but with Diane wanting to visit Annie in Spain she should be back soon

Chas Dingle and James Barton share some of their biggest secrets with each other in next week's episodes.

During a game of truth or dare, Chas tells James (Bill Ward) the truth about her son Aaron's departure from the village, explaining that he took the blame when Adam set fire to Cain's garage.

Still harbouring his own Adam-related secret, James braces himself as he later tells Chas the truth about the young farmer's paternity…

Here, Lucy Pargeter - who plays Chas - reveals how her character responds to the bombshell news.

Is Chas falling for James?
    "I think she is. She's kind of done it again - fallen quite rapidly for this new man in the village. Chas is falling for him quickly and stupidly - she's on the way!"

Now that James has moved in with her, does Chas see this as a permanent arrangement?
    "No, Chas doesn't really want him living there, but it's kind of by default because James has got nowhere to stay and he can't go back to the farm. It's not really Chas's plan, but she kind of likes having him around. I don't think she's thinking long term, but she didn't want James to move in that quickly. She's helping him out and I think it's quite nice to have a man around."

James is quite preoccupied by thoughts of Adam at the moment. Does that cause problems for his relationship with Chas?
    "She knows he's preoccupied and that he's got something on his mind, so it does cause a few things. At the very start of the relationship, he's not 100% there so she's getting a bit narky as they're not spending any time together - because he's on the farm and his mind is elsewhere. Chas doesn't get the attention that she thinks she deserves."

What happens when they play a game of truth or dare next week?
    "They go for dinner at the B&B and decide to play it. The first question Chas asks James is why his ex left. She's been hankering after that one for a long time, so it's a good opportunity to ask.

"Then James dares her to go and ask a woman who's having dinner at the B&B why she keeps staring over. It turns out that the woman isn't actually staring at James, she's staring at Chas, which is quite funny. But that kind of thaws things between them, and they have a laugh about it. They get on really well."

Does the discussion about James's ex put that issue to bed for Chas?
    "I think Chas is going to always be intrigued. James's ex Emma was a big part of his life and she's the mother of his kids, so she'll always be intrigued. But Chas has brought it up quite a few times and James says that things weren't quite right. They had a baby - Finn - to try to fix things, but it didn't work out and she left. So for Chas, the question has been answered."

What prompts Chas to tell James the truth about why Aaron can't come back to the village?
    "Chas asks James if he has any more secrets and he says no. Then she feels bad because they are talking about their sons, and I suppose that it does involve him because it involves Adam and he's with the Barton family.

"I suppose Chas just wants to get it off her chest, really. Aaron can't come back to the village and James says that's because he's an arsonist, but Chas says, 'No, that's not the truth, it's because he's taken the fall for Adam who did it'. James has heard about the fire, so Chas feels safe enough to open up and tell the truth that Aaron has taken the blame for Adam."

What is James's reaction to the admission from Chas?
    "He's quite surprised about Chas being so open!"

The next day, James decides to tell Chas that he's Adam's real father. How does she react?
    "Chas is really shocked and her first instinct is asking if Cain knows, because Cain has just recently married Moira. When she finds out that Cain doesn't know, Chas says, 'I'm sorry but I'm going to have to tell Cain after all that I've been through in the past year with my family. I was disowned by my family before for keeping secrets, so I have to tell Cain the truth'."

Can James persuade Chas to keep quiet?
    "I don't know - I think that the viewers will have to wait and see. Both James and Moira are desperate to make sure that Chas keeps her mouth shut - but will she?"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

helena1414 (20-05-2014), maidmarian (20-05-2014)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-05-2014 at 00:13.

Should tell cain after moria locked her in the cellar

Chas Dingle starts making plans to clear the name of her son Aaron Livesy next week following his shock return to the village.

When Aaron (Danny Miller) arrives back from France to help his old friend Adam Barton, an emotional Chas decides that it's time for him to come home for good.

Chas suggests telling the truth about the 2012 fire at Cain's garage by reporting Adam (Adam Thomas) to the police, but will Aaron really betray his best mate to get his old life back?

Here, Lucy Pargeter - who plays Chas - reveals the drama in store for her character following Aaron's return.

How does Chas feel when she first comes face-to-face with Aaron again?
    "Chas is angry, shocked and confused about why Aaron is there. When she finds out why he's back, Chas is a bit angry that Aaron has risked showing himself to the police by coming back to help his mate out.

"Chas is also annoyed that Aaron hasn't let her know about his plans. She is a bit shocked by it all, but she is also overwhelmed with happiness that he is back and she gets to see him, as she gets to see him so rarely the rest of the time. It's all very hush-hush and Chas can't tell anybody where he is. So she is happy, but also stressed that he might get found by the police!"

Does Chas want to put distance between Aaron and Adam after the recent Barton troubles?
    "Yeah, Chas is concerned that if Adam is involved with anything dodgy and Aaron tries to help him, then he's going to get himself in trouble as well. The overwhelming concern is that if Aaron is caught by the police, that's it - he's going to go down because he's on the run. If he gets involved with Adam, he's on a slippery slope to aggro and trouble."

Do Chas and Moira clash over their sons?
    "They're both keen to protect their own, and there is a slight clash when Chas thinks that the only way this can be resolved is if Aaron goes to the police and tells them what really happened by shopping Adam in over the fire.

"There is tension with Moira because of that. Moira can understand where Chas is coming from, but they have a massive argument. Chas says it's not fair for Aaron to have been on the run for two years, especially when Adam is chucking it all away by going down the wrong path."

How does the situation affect Chas emotionally?
    "Chas just wants Aaron home for good. She wants his name cleared because she's sick of people thinking he's an arsonist and a troublemaker who's on the run. She wants him to be part of her life and for him to settle down in the village again. It's brought everything back for her - what Aaron's had to give up and what she's had to give up for the sake of somebody else's son."

What is the dynamic like between them once Aaron returns?
    "It's that classic Chas and Aaron mother-son relationship, where they always clash over things. She loves him dearly but is often far too overprotective. He's very much in control this time and says he's going to go back to France and she can't stop him."

How does Chas see some of Aaron's self-harming scars?
    "They're holed up in a barn, as Aaron is keeping himself out of the way at Moira's farm. He goes to change his clothes and Chas sees his scars. It forces her to remember how desperate and bitterly unhappy Aaron was at times. She gets worried that this situation will bring even more stress on him and he'll start self-harming again."

What does Chas want to happen?
    "Chas wants Cain to go and tell the police that the arsonist was Adam. She says that if they don't shop Adam in, she'll do it herself. Chas is very clear that now she has got the opportunity to have Aaron back, she just wants his name to be cleared. She knows he may be in trouble for going on the run, but that's not as bad as being in trouble for being an arsonist."

How does Aaron react when he realises that Chas wants to shop Adam to the police?
    "Aaron is very, very adamant that it's not going to happen. He says that he's going back to France and if Chas goes through with what she's planning, it's the last she'll see of him. He is being serious. Aaron loves his mum but he also loves his mate."

Doesn't Chas worry about how this could affect her relationships with James and Moira?
    "Chas is purely thinking about her son. It's not that she's not bothered about the others, but her son is more important to her than anybody. She says to James that Aaron comes before anybody else."

What do you think the future holds for Chas and Aaron?
    "I don't think their relationship will ever be that of a typical mother-son. Chas is very overprotective and she's not a great role model, although she is settling in her older age!

"I don't think there'll be turbulent times ahead, but I don't think it'll be plain sailing either. Now there are more males in the village and the Barton boys are in there as the bad boys, it'll be interesting to see where Aaron fits. Is he sorting his life out, or will he stay a bit bad? It'll be great to see Chas and Aaron's relationship again and her mothering side trying to come out."

What's it like to have Danny back?
    "Honestly, about half an hour after Danny arrived back on set, it was like he'd never been away. I think he came back a little bit unsure. Things aren't too different as we haven't changed at all as people, but there are new people and new dynamics, and I think he was a bit scared of where he was going to fit in within the new dimensions of the show.

"After half an hour, though, he was laughing and joking like the same old Danny. When you see him working with Jeff Hordley and Dominic Brunt, you see how everyone falls back into old friendships and new relationships. It's like having another fresh wide-eyed lad on set who is eager and keen to do a great job. It's brilliant."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...has-aaron.html

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-08-2014), lizann (13-08-2014), maidmarian (13-08-2014)

go on chas shop adam save your son aaron

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

sarah c (14-08-2014), tammyy2j (14-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    go on chas shop adam save your son aaron
    please anyone shop Adam??!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (14-08-2014)

I think Adam will hand himself into the police
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 14-08-2014 at 15:09.

Lucy Pargeter has insisted that her character Chas Dingle is better off single for a while.

Chas dumps her current partner James Barton (Bill Ward) next week after he betrays her by sleeping with his estranged wife Emma.

James only makes the shocking move as he fears that Chas has cheated on him with her own ex Paddy Kirk, but she finds it difficult to forgive his infidelity.

Speaking of the drama to come, Pargeter teased: "I think she does give him a chance afterwards. He is sorry, he's really apologetic. But it's a bit like, 'I'm sorry, I just fell into her. I was drunk'. She's used all those excuses herself! He suggests they go away together as friends, but there's a reason why they can't go away together.

"Chas for a minute thinks maybe there's a chance, but then she thinks again and thinks, 'Nope'. She jumps from man to man, really. For a long time she's just needed someone in her life, but she doesn't need a man, she's got a pub. She's got plenty of clients there, I'm sure! She likes James, but I think they're fine apart."

Pargeter also revealed that there won't be a full-on catfight between Chas and Emma (Gillian Kearney) once the truth is out.

She laughed: "Chas does push her out of the pub, and she does say, 'Stay away from me or I will batter you!' But she's mellowed - she only throws drinks nowadays, not punches! All I keep reading is, 'throw another drink'. What happened to the punching Chas? But I'm a brilliant aim now - with water or beer."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (07-04-2015)

That's a shame I liked them together why does she always gets screwed over by men

Thread Information