Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter)

Many thanks Sarah, that answers the miscarriage question on both counts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Glen1 For This Useful Post:

sarah c (22-04-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has confessed she is "terrified" of the fight Chas will have on her hands when Debbie finds out she has stolen her man.
    Maneater Chastity Dingle is about to embark on her latest affair with Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) her niece Debbie's boyfriend, and Lucy told Inside Soap magazine she is dreading getting on the wrong side of the Dingle clan.
    She confessed: "I'm not looking forward to when the Dingles find out and make Chas an outsider.
    "I don't want her to be estranged from them - they are her family, after all.
    "Also I'm terrified of what Debbie (Charley Webb) will do when she discovers what's going on. Chas is strong but that'd be a fight and a half."
    She added: "Charley is formidable, so I'm not looking forward to scrapping with her!"
    The actress revealed she is also scared of Debbie's mum Charity Dingle, played by Emma Atkins.
    Lucy said: "Who'd want to mess with her?
    "We'll just have to laugh our way through those scenes if and when we come to do them.
    "Could I beat those two? Chas could!"
    She should worry also about what Cain will do

mmerdale's Lucy Pargeter has revealed that Cameron's affair with Chas will come to a head in the autumn.

Chas Dingle will continue her romance with Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) in secret from his pregnant partner Debbie (Charley Webb) over the next few months.

The 35-year-old actress told This Morning: "Things haven't worked out so it's been sad.

"There's a slight complication with Debbie as he's [Chas]'s niece, so there is a bit of a thorn in the side.

"But it's carrying on and we've got a massive 40th this year - so I'm sure the build-up to that is going to be less than happy and a bit complicated."

Emmerdale will mark its 40th anniversary in October.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EMMERDALE’S Dominic Power has revealed he might take up self-defence classes – to protect himself from angry fans.

His character, Cameron Murray, has been seeking comfort with Chastity Dingle while dating Debbie Dingle.

Dominic says: “It’s flattering that people say hello to me in the street but I’m not looking forward to the potential of being hit by handbags if Cameron becomes unpopular because of the affair. I might have to have some self-defence classes.”

CORRIE star Nicholas Asbury has told of fan fury after his vet character put down Chesney’s dog Schmeichel. He said: “I got jeers and shouts in the street. A lot of people take Corrie as gospel.”
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has insisted that her character Chas Dingle can see a "happy future" with Dan Spencer.

Chas shocks the village's residents next week by deciding to marry Dan (Liam Fox). Viewers will know that she is on the rebound following her recent split from secret lover Cameron Murray.

However, Pargeter told All About Soap that Chas can genuinely see good qualities in Dan.

She explained: "They've been flirting across the bar for a few weeks, but now something is changing. Chas sees everything in Dan that she saw in Paddy - security and a complete selfless devotion.

"He'd never dream of cheating on her, or treat her the way Carl and Cameron did. Chas is starting to wonder whether she could settle down with Dan full time."

Speaking of how Dan proposes to Chas at The Woolpack next week, she continued: "It's all a bit awkward to be honest, especially as Cameron sees the whole thing. However, Chas is over the moon. She can see a happy future with Dan, even if she is marrying him because he's a safe bet."

Emmerdale bosses have previously teased that Chas's love life will take centre stage in the soap's 40th anniversary episodes. Her engagement to Dan now adds a new complication to the mix.

Pargeter commented: "Never mind twists and turns - this time there are going to be falls, climbs and loads of other obstacles. Where is all this going to end? We'll have to wait and see.

"Everything is going to come to a head in Emmerdale's big 40th birthday celebration in October, so I'd say stay tuned."

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has admitted that she does not want her character Chas Dingle to lose her place at The Woolpack.

Chas has been joint landlady at the village's pub for well over a year, but her future there is thrown into jeopardy in upcoming episodes.

Next week, Chas takes the blame for a failed robbery attempt at The Woolpack. She has arranged the raid with ex-lover Cameron Murray as Carl King is blackmailing them, but she protects Cameron by taking full responsibility when the truth looks likely to come out.

A furious Diane Sugden (Elizabeth Estensen) agrees not to report Chas to the police, but makes it clear that she wants her out as there is no way they can carry on working together after this.

Pargeter, discussing the storyline, commented: "I absolutely love Chas being at The Woolpack. There's definitely a few moments coming up where it looks like she might lose it, but I hope that doesn't happen as I love it there. I get to see everyone on a daily basis because I'm always filming there."

She added: "You hear all the gossip when you're working at The Woolpack, that's all I'm worried about!"

Viewers will see that Diane is devastated over Chas's betrayal, feeling that she has treated her like a daughter in recent times. However, whether she will give Chas another chance remains to be seen.

Emmerdale airs weeknights at 7pm on ITV1.

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has revealed that her character Chas Dingle is heading for a big fall-out with fellow bride Katie Sugden.

Next week's episodes see Chas and Katie (Sammy Winward) decide to host a double wedding reception, as their respective nuptials with Dan Spencer and Declan Macey are both taking place on the same day.

However, Pargeter told STV that the arrangement will lead to tension as the soap's 40th anniversary week begins.

Pargeter commented: "The wedding is very much the rich versus the poor - of course Katie and Declan are getting married as well, lord and lady of the manor with all the money, versus the poor people. And I'm even poorer because I'm being blackmailed by Carl and having to find the money for that.

"So the budget for our day is getting smaller and smaller, but it's about [Chas and Dan], it's about their day and it's about them declaring their kind-of love for each other."

She continued: "Chas has a big fall-out with Katie just before the ceremony, so not all is cool in the church!"

Meanwhile, most of Chas's loved ones are currently unaware of her recent affair with Cameron Murray, the partner of her niece Debbie.

Asked whether Chas would reunite with Cameron if he dumped Debbie, Pargeter replied: "Who knows? It's a soap. I don't know if they're meant to be together, I don't know if they would be together. I think she's truly supposed to be with Carl, but I'm not the writers!"

Emmerdale launches its big birthday week on Monday, October 15.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

patacake38 (03-10-2012)

Emmerdale's Lucy Pargeter has admitted that she doesn't want her character Chas Dingle to be happy.

The actress said that happiness ends up being a curse for soap residents.

"You get the fear that so much has happened to you in the past couple of years, how much more can they give you," she confessed.

Chas is due to marry Dan Spencer (Liam Fox) during the soap's live 40th anniversary episode later this month, but the landlady has been having an affair with her niece's boyfriend Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) and is being blackmailed by her ex Carl King (Tom Lister).

"It's amazing that I'm so busy, but there must come a time when the audience and writers get bored," Pargeter said. "You just think the amazing journey is going to stop at some point because people just go, 'Woah! Chas overkill!'"

Meanwhile Fox said that he was surprised at how permanent his character has ended up being.

"I didn't have the foggiest idea [how long it'd last]," he revealed. "I came in for eight episodes last year and I was supposed to come back every now and again.

"And when I came back I heard rumours about the Chas/Dan thing and then it was happening, and I was like 'Oh, right'."

"You never have a clue, you're just on a rollercoaster. Half of me doesn't want to know what's happening in the future, just enjoy it. I'm reading current scripts and going 'Great'."

Emmerdale's 40th anniversary week begins on October 15.

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has admitted that she is "glad" her character Chas Dingle did not kill ex-fiancé Carl King.

Chas is currently awaiting trial for murdering Carl (Tom Lister) following a violent altercation between them in the soap's live episode, but viewers are aware that Cameron Murray was the culprit who delivered the fatal blow.

Speaking to Inside Soap's Yearbook 2013, Pargeter predicted that things will ultimately turn out well for Chas despite her current dire situation.

Asked whether she was disappointed not to be Carl's killer, Pargeter replied: "No, I'm glad. It means Chas won't be sent down for murder and I'll get to keep my job!

"But I also think it's a nice twist that Cameron's letting her take the blame for something he did, and there'll be big repercussions for a long while to come."

Chas had an affair with Cameron (Dominic Power) this year, despite the fact that he was in a serious relationship with her niece Debbie (Charley Webb).

On the reaction to the plot, Pargeter commented: "It's strange, because I haven't had an awful lot of negativity about the affair. A lot of people have sympathised with Chas, especially after what happened in the live episode. You can't control your heart, can you? The only negative thing people say to me is that I've had too many storylines recently!"

Confirming that she wants more busy times to come, Pargeter added: "I hate not working. I've had quite a bit of time off recently, and my fiancé Rudi is happy for me to go back because I tend to knock down walls in the house when I'm off! I can't sit still - I like being challenged."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (14-11-2012)

I have a couple of questions about the live episode and the killing of Carl king. 1) What happened to Car's phone. 2) When will Chas remember she whacked Carl on the side of the head and not the back. & 3) After the live show and Debbie was at home and she found the pictures of Chas and Cameron. Who's phone was it and who sent the photos?

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information