Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter)

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has admitted that she fears viewers will turn against her character Chas Dingle as she embarks on an affair.

Chas is about to begin a secret relationship with Cameron Murray (Dominic Power), who is the partner of her niece Debbie (Charley Webb).

Pargeter, discussing her Emmerdale future, told The Mirror: "I always worry, no matter what Chas is doing. Our job is so precarious, and you don't know when you might fall out of favour and it's all change.

"Don't get me wrong, it's been a great year. Now Chas has The Woolpack, it feels like I'm part of the furniture. But still, you don't know what's round the corner. I'm just one of these people who's always been a bit of a worrier.

"I am a bit nervous about what people are going to say about Chas and Cameron too. Chas has never really been bad before, people have always liked her and the comments I get are usually 'go on love', but that all could change with this storyline.

"I'm hoping the fans won't be too hard on her and get too cross. Who knows? I might start getting bashed up in the street, attacked by little old ladies and their handbags!"

Pargeter also confirmed that Chas and Cameron's affair plotline is likely to run for some time.

"It's Emmerdale's 40th anniversary, so there are going to be some amazing storylines," she explained. "Maybe we'll be part of that.

"The chemistry between the two characters is so intense it will keep drawing them back together. It is certainly not going to be a flash in the pan between them."

Emmerdale airs weeknights on ITV1.

Chas should get with Carl

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has predicted that her character Chas Dingle will become an "outsider" if her affair is exposed.

Chas is currently playing a dangerous game as she wrestles with her feelings for Cameron Murray (Dominic Power), who is the partner of her niece Debbie. The pair will embark on a full-blown relationship in secret in the coming days.

Pargeter told Inside Soap: "I'm not looking forward to when the Dingles find out and make Chas an outsider. I don't want her to be estranged from them - they are her family, after all.

"Also, I'm terrified of what Debbie will do when she discovers what's going on. Chas is strong, but that'd be a fight and a half. Charley Webb, who plays Debbie, is formidable - so I'm not looking forward to scrapping with her! I'm scared of Charity, too - who'd want to mess with her?

"We'll just have to laugh our way through those scenes if and when we come to do them."

The actress confirmed that the storyline will form part of the build-up to Emmerdale's 40th anniversary celebrations in October.

She added: "There are plenty of twists and turns. Other people might be getting involved with it too."
    Last edited by alan45; 17-04-2012 at 16:17.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (17-04-2012)

If it is exposed of course it will be exposed

Think Chas could become pregnant by Cameron

she will never be a complete outsider to the Dingles.....she owns the Pub!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (27-12-2012)

Emmerdale star Lucy Pargeter has confessed she is "terrified" of the fight Chas will have on her hands when Debbie finds out she has stolen her man.
    Maneater Chastity Dingle is about to embark on her latest affair with Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) her niece Debbie's boyfriend, and Lucy told Inside Soap magazine she is dreading getting on the wrong side of the Dingle clan.
    She confessed: "I'm not looking forward to when the Dingles find out and make Chas an outsider.
    "I don't want her to be estranged from them - they are her family, after all.
    "Also I'm terrified of what Debbie (Charley Webb) will do when she discovers what's going on. Chas is strong but that'd be a fight and a half."
    She added: "Charley is formidable, so I'm not looking forward to scrapping with her!"
    The actress revealed she is also scared of Debbie's mum Charity Dingle, played by Emma Atkins.
    Lucy said: "Who'd want to mess with her?
    "We'll just have to laugh our way through those scenes if and when we come to do them.
    "Could I beat those two? Chas could!"

Isn't Debbie to have a miscarriage in the spring ,if so, wonder if this is the cause ?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    Isn't Debbie to have a miscarriage in the spring ,if so, wonder if this is the cause ?
    ooo that would be cruel? where would that leave Sarah and her treatment...

Not knowledgeable about these matters but I think you said at the time Sarah ,it would be impossible for the baby to survive. Maybe the original post about the miscarriage was incorrect but Debbies child Sarah is supposed to eventually recover from her illness. One hec of a storyline if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    Not knowledgeable about these matters but I think you said at the time Sarah ,it would be impossible for the baby to survive. Maybe the original post about the miscarriage was incorrect but Debbies child Sarah is supposed to eventually recover from her illness. One hec of a storyline if true.
    I think if the baby had Fanconi Anaemia also, it would struggle to survive, or at least be born unaffected in some way

Sarah cannot recover from her illness, a bone marrow swap is the only thing that will remove the disease?

I did read that originally they were going to have Sarah die, but changed their minds...?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (22-04-2012)

Thread Information