Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter)

I think Carl had Chas's phone with the photos and he sent the pictures to Debbie as act of revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    I have a couple of questions about the live episode and the killing of Carl king. 1) What happened to Car's phone. 2) When will Chas remember she whacked Carl on the side of the head and not the back. & 3) After the live show and Debbie was at home and she found the pictures of Chas and Cameron. Who's phone was it and who sent the photos?
    Carl sent the photos to Debbie's phone after Chas whacked him

Cameron took Carl's phone after he whacked him

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (25-11-2012)

how did Carl get the photos? did he send them to his phone from Chas's??

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    how did Carl get the photos? did he send them to his phone from Chas's??
    Yes I remember he told Chas he sent them to his phone when she took back her phone so I assume he sent them to Debbie from his phone before Cameron killed him and took his phone

I hope Debbie finds Carl's phone soon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (18-11-2012)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 18-11-2012 at 17:33.

I thought that was what had happened but I need to confirm. These time-lines will all be used to prove that Chas is innocent of murder when the trial begins. How can a dead man send text's?

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Emmerdale's Chas Dingle loses all hope for her future next week and vows to plead guilty to Carl King's murder.

Chas has always hoped to fight for her freedom, but upcoming episodes see the troubled landlady sack her solicitor and announce that she wants to pay for her crime.

When a guilty Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) struggles to change Chas's mind, Carl's brother Jimmy (Nick Miles) is the unlikely person who steps forward to talk some sense into her, but will his efforts work?

Here, Lucy Pargeter - who plays Chas - discusses the latest twists in her character's storyline.

How is Chas coping in prison?
    "Chas is struggling - she really finds it hard to be cut off from everyone. It's very depressing and scary. She is also very worried about her future."

Next week, Chas's prison friend Tracey commits suicide after receiving a five-year sentence. How does Chas react to that?
    "She is very shaken when Tracey kills herself, as Tracey had been so positive and had actually made Chas feel better about it all. She was fun and very bright and breezy. They had been talking about the best tactics for getting off with a lighter sentence - flashing a bit of thigh or a top lawyer.

"So Chas takes her death very hard - she is numb with shock and fears the worst for herself, as she could be facing a tougher sentence than Tracey as she is up for murder. It makes Chas very scared that someone like Tracey felt that was the only way out and she didn't even get a very long sentence."

How does Chas feel when Cameron pays a visit and tells her that Jimmy has decided to cover her legal fees?
    "She is surprised at first, as Cameron says he has some money but when she pushes him to say how he got it, he admits it was Jimmy. She does wonder why when she's the one that killed his brother."

Is Chas willing to take the money?
    "Not really, as by now she is fairly apathetic and doesn't really see that anything is going to help her case. Cameron is shocked by her defeatist attitude."

Why does she feel so hopeless?
    "She just feels really negative about the whole thing after her friend's death, and then she sacks her solicitor. The solicitor had got frustrated that she was not helping the situation.

"It all happens when they have an unproductive meeting, where Chas is so despondent that the solicitor gets annoyed with her for being so negative. She thinks it's just a job to him and he doesn't really care what happens to her, so she sacks him."

Why does Chas then give up fighting and decide to plead guilty?
    "I think Chas thinks being found guilty is the only outcome anyway - she can't see why anyone would believe otherwise. She has lost all hope at this stage.

"She actually has a line in the script where she says to Cameron that short of someone walking into the court and admitting they killed Carl, she is going down for a very long time.

"Cameron is shocked by Chas's opinion that it's not worth doing anything but plead guilty, so he tells Jimmy who takes it on as his mission to try and change her mind."

How does Jimmy's visit go?
    "They talk about Carl and you'll see Jimmy's raw emotion concerning his brother and the conflicted feelings he has. Chas initially is quite light with Jimmy, but they both know the seriousness of what is about to happen.

"Jimmy does his best to put his case across and then leaves. That night, you'll see Chas in her cell just staring into space and you'll wonder if Jimmy's words might have made an impression on her. He told her to fight and not to let Carl's death get to her - she did what she had to do as Carl was attacking her."

Has Chas noticed that Cameron is behaving in a shifty way? How would she react if she knew that he was Carl's real killer?
    "I think Chas is just so convinced that she dealt the fatal blow, it's not really been something she has picked up on. As for how she'd react if she knew the truth, I don't even want to go there, as it's a volcano of a secret that would be very destructive!

"Chas is actually really touched that despite everything Cameron has chosen to stay around. She's not aware of the conflict he is fighting to tell the truth."

What's it like filming the prison scenes, and do you miss being on set?
    "It's really bleak as the set is very convincing and Chas is without make-up so it does feel different. But the set is in the next-door building, so I haven't been too far away!"

What kind of reaction have you had from viewers since Emmerdale's live episode?
    "I have been staggered by the feedback we have had after the live. It was really exciting to be part of it. We had the best team in the world, and it really did feel like a team effort and a team achievement. It did feel very different returning to normal scenes afterwards as we had stood down on all our normal filming while we rehearsed."

So is Chas going to be behind bars for Christmas?
    "I couldn't possibly say!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Emmerdale's Chas Dingle loses all hope for her future next week and vows to plead guilty to Carl King's murder.

Chas has always hoped to fight for her freedom, but upcoming episodes see the troubled landlady sack her solicitor and announce that she wants to pay for her crime.

When a guilty Cameron Murray (Dominic Power) struggles to change Chas's mind, Carl's brother Jimmy (Nick Miles) is the unlikely person who steps forward to talk some sense into her, but will his efforts work?

Here, Lucy Pargeter - who plays Chas - discusses the latest twists in her character's storyline.

How is Chas coping in prison?
    "Chas is struggling - she really finds it hard to be cut off from everyone. It's very depressing and scary. She is also very worried about her future."

Next week, Chas's prison friend Tracey commits suicide after receiving a five-year sentence. How does Chas react to that?
    "She is very shaken when Tracey kills herself, as Tracey had been so positive and had actually made Chas feel better about it all. She was fun and very bright and breezy. They had been talking about the best tactics for getting off with a lighter sentence - flashing a bit of thigh or a top lawyer.

"So Chas takes her death very hard - she is numb with shock and fears the worst for herself, as she could be facing a tougher sentence than Tracey as she is up for murder. It makes Chas very scared that someone like Tracey felt that was the only way out and she didn't even get a very long sentence."

How does Chas feel when Cameron pays a visit and tells her that Jimmy has decided to cover her legal fees?
    "She is surprised at first, as Cameron says he has some money but when she pushes him to say how he got it, he admits it was Jimmy. She does wonder why when she's the one that killed his brother."

Is Chas willing to take the money?
    "Not really, as by now she is fairly apathetic and doesn't really see that anything is going to help her case. Cameron is shocked by her defeatist attitude."

Why does she feel so hopeless?
    "She just feels really negative about the whole thing after her friend's death, and then she sacks her solicitor. The solicitor had got frustrated that she was not helping the situation.

"It all happens when they have an unproductive meeting, where Chas is so despondent that the solicitor gets annoyed with her for being so negative. She thinks it's just a job to him and he doesn't really care what happens to her, so she sacks him."

Why does Chas then give up fighting and decide to plead guilty?
    "I think Chas thinks being found guilty is the only outcome anyway - she can't see why anyone would believe otherwise. She has lost all hope at this stage.

"She actually has a line in the script where she says to Cameron that short of someone walking into the court and admitting they killed Carl, she is going down for a very long time.

"Cameron is shocked by Chas's opinion that it's not worth doing anything but plead guilty, so he tells Jimmy who takes it on as his mission to try and change her mind."

How does Jimmy's visit go?
    "They talk about Carl and you'll see Jimmy's raw emotion concerning his brother and the conflicted feelings he has. Chas initially is quite light with Jimmy, but they both know the seriousness of what is about to happen.

"Jimmy does his best to put his case across and then leaves. That night, you'll see Chas in her cell just staring into space and you'll wonder if Jimmy's words might have made an impression on her. He told her to fight and not to let Carl's death get to her - she did what she had to do as Carl was attacking her."

Has Chas noticed that Cameron is behaving in a shifty way? How would she react if she knew that he was Carl's real killer?
    "I think Chas is just so convinced that she dealt the fatal blow, it's not really been something she has picked up on. As for how she'd react if she knew the truth, I don't even want to go there, as it's a volcano of a secret that would be very destructive!

"Chas is actually really touched that despite everything Cameron has chosen to stay around. She's not aware of the conflict he is fighting to tell the truth."

What's it like filming the prison scenes, and do you miss being on set?
    "It's really bleak as the set is very convincing and Chas is without make-up so it does feel different. But the set is in the next-door building, so I haven't been too far away!"

What kind of reaction have you had from viewers since Emmerdale's live episode?
    "I have been staggered by the feedback we have had after the live. It was really exciting to be part of it. We had the best team in the world, and it really did feel like a team effort and a team achievement. It did feel very different returning to normal scenes afterwards as we had stood down on all our normal filming while we rehearsed."

So is Chas going to be behind bars for Christmas?
    "I couldn't possibly say!"

After being released from prison for the murder of her ex Carl King, Chas is threatened by a mystery stalker.

Returning to the village as barmaid in The Woolpack, Chas is then targeted by an anonymous stalker who tries to make her leave Emmerdale.

Actress Pargeter told What's On TV: "It's creepy. She's already on edge because of everything that's happened and then somebody starts targeting her. If she knew who it was she's ballsy enough to stand up to them, but it's the not knowing.

"She starts getting these prank calls and she has no idea who they're from, so it does make her a bit uneasy and she starts to feel like maybe she should just sell up and go and it would be a lot easier for her family and she wouldn't have to deal with everybody, but then she starts to think, 'This is all I've got left really'."

Chas has made many enemies after her affair with niece Debbie's boyfriend Cameron Murray was exposed. She receives anonymous calls and has the feeling that she is being followed around her home.

The soap actress said: "There are stones thrown at the window and she goes outside and there's a photograph of her and Carl. She thinks it's Cain and then she thinks it's Debbie, and then she gets the same photograph posted to her with her eyes scratched out.

"There's a bottle thrown at her, that misses her, but she gets a cut on her face. It is a bit more than threatening behaviour."

Does she deserve it though? Karma and all that, it comes back at ya! lol

Thread Information